Sr. Software Engineer, Big Data
We may be one of the most important Internet companiesyou've never heard of. Our mission is to make every digital display, mobile orvideo ad on the Internet able, if the user permits, to be made more personal andvaluable by informing it with anonymous user data.
Conversant software engineers are developing thenext-generation of ad tech that is changing the way marketers connect andinteract with their consumers. Our systems need to handle information at globalscale, from processing petabytes of data daily to making bid decisions in under20 ms over a million times per second at peak.
The DataWarehousing department at Conversant is responsible for brokering allenterprise data and maintaining database and Hadoop environments at petabytescale on an ever changing technology stack. In this role, in addition tomastering the technology stack, it is also of vital importance to developsubject matter expertise on the enterprise's data set. As a data drivencompany, the way we capture, store and utilize the corporate asset of theproprietary data model is what drives our best in class understanding of theconsumer and equates directly to the company's bottom line.
- You will design and code solutionsfor providing low-latency, high-throughput data persistence solutions for ourindustry-leading ad server platform.
- Sling Java code that processbillions of records across large distributed clusters.
- You design, develop, test, deploy,maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- At least 6 years of experience indeveloping client-server applications
- At least 2 years of experience inleading projects preferred
- Expert level Java preferred
- Excellent understanding ofmultithreaded applications
- Ability to learn and investigate newareas independently
- Experience with specific "big data" technologies includingHadoop, HBase, Storm, Kafka, Spark.
- Experience with distributed systems handling large scale datasets.
- Experience developing highfrequency/low latency applications
- Experience developing Real TimeBidding or Ad Tech applications.
- BS or MS in Computer Science relevant real world experience.
To learn more visit our Engineering Blog
To Apply Directly
Alljob offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain backgroundchecks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal historychecks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, creditchecks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant,Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps theworld's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences thatdeliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offera fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs andthe world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deepunderstanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For moreinformation, please visit www.conversantmedia.com.
GreatPeople, Deserve Great Benefits
Weknow that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in theworld, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here,expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endlessopportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement toscholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offerassociates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work forus.
Epsilonis the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. Anall-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data,groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to getthe results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 WorldCRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilonemploys over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is anAlliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com,follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
AllianceData is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
AllianceData participates in E-Verify
ForSan Francisco Bay Area:
AllianceData will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal historiesin a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police CodeSections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair ChanceOrdinance.
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Back to top