Senior Software Engineer
We may be the most important Internet company you’ve never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
Conversant software engineers are developing the next-generation technologies that drive hundreds of millions of dollars in incremental revenue for marketers. We work at the scale of the web; our code makes decisions in 20ms a billion times per second. We seek ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design and more. As a software engineer, you will work on a small team and can make a direct impact as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. Our engineers are versatile and passionate, tackling new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
As a member of the User Interface team, you’ll develop sophisticated applications critical to our business. You’ll write smart, effective tests across all layers of our platform. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative and curious team that peer reviews code and improves every day, all in the service of regularly shipping powerful and scalable features to production.
- Work with the Product Management team to translate business requirements into technical design, research approaches and coordinate designs with team participants, develop and test software modules and work with QA to transfer knowledge and assist in their test planning, maintain production environments as appropriate and may lead projects and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain features in a sophisticated, interconnected Java/GWT application.
- Perform peer code reviews
- Write fully tested, high quality extensible code
- Collaborate with Product and UX teams to design and build data rich tools for our users.
- At least 6 years in developing client-server applications
- At least 2 years in leading projects preferred
- Expert level Java preferred
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented methodology and design
- Excellent understanding of multithreaded applications
- Experience in XML/JSON
- Experience with SQL and databases
- Strong understanding of client-server programming
- Strong understanding of Web technologies
- Online experience (e.g., worked in web enabled environments) – ideally around media
- Ability to learn and investigate new areas independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment
- BS in Computer Science or related technical disciple or equivalent practical experience.
To apply directly email [email protected]
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant, Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit www.conversantmedia.com.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. LI*MG
Back to top