Conversant may be the most important Internet company you've never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
The Network Engineer reports to the Manager, Network Engineering, TechnologyOperations. The candidate must possess a strong internet working backgroundwithin a large service based enterprise network with 24x7x365 operatingrequirements.
The ideal candidate must have an in depth understanding of routing andswitching utilizing Cisco devices in addition to server load balancingconcepts. The network engineer will be responsible for operational support ofConversant's global production network infrastructure and inter-dependenciesfor our production and corporate networks and will be responsible forprovisioning and troubleshooting LAN and WAN transport circuits, OS upgrades,patch management, configuration control, and security administration acrossConversant's network. The candidate will be well versed in evaluating newrouting and optical platforms and be able to identify capacity needs and assistin implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of WAN and VPN routing topologies, datacenter switching architecture, firewalling concepts, and server load balancing.
- Possess a strong working and design knowledge of the following protocols and attributes: Ethernet (802.3 and 802.11), OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Spanning Tree (RSTP, MSTP, PVST , etc), IPSec, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, PPP, IPv6, and TCP.
- Experience with Cisco ASR, ISR G2/4K routers, Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches, Cisco Nexus 2K, 3K, 5K, 7K, 9K series switches, Dell Force10 switches, Citrix NetScaler load balancers.
- Experience with DMVPN, MPLS, AnyConnect/ASA VPNs, and controller-based wireless environments.
- Experience with traditional firewalls, next generation firewalls, intrusion prevention systems including Palo Alto Networks and Juniper NetScreen.
- Experience with Network monitoring tools including Solarwinds NPM, NCM, and NetFlow
- Interface with vendors and support staff to manage projects from inception through completion.
- Must be a self-starter, able to use own judgment/initiative to undertake activities with minimal supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Coordinate and perform network maintenance and upgrades with communication and approvals from the business on a predefined schedule.
- Provide documentation and troubleshooting procedures to other team members.
- 3 years in production system environment, including proven experience running a 24x7 service.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the network, OS, and application levels.
- Occasional travel and after-hours support will be required.
- Certified in Cisco CCNA or CCNP
Apply directly to [email protected]
Visit our Engineering Blog
Alljob offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain backgroundchecks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal historychecks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, creditchecks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant,Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps theworld's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences thatdeliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offera fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs andthe world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deepunderstanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For moreinformation, please visit www.conversantmedia.com.
GreatPeople, Deserve Great Benefits
Weknow that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in theworld, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here,expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endlessopportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement toscholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offerassociates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work forus.
Epsilonis the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. Anall-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data,groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to getthe results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 WorldCRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilonemploys over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is anAlliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com,follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
AllianceData is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
AllianceData participates in E-Verify
ForSan Francisco Bay Area:
AllianceData will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal historiesin a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police CodeSections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair ChanceOrdinance.
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Back to top