Linux System Engineer,Senior
We may be the mostimportant Internet company you've never heard of. Join our team for your chanceto work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on amassive scale—and have fun doing it.
As a senior member ofthe Linux systems engineering team, you will design and implement the standardsthat define our enterprise Linux systems infrastructure. Working closely withapplication engineers, systems administrators, and operations staff, you'll betasked with deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting our ad deliverytechnology on a global scale. With your proven record of automation experienceand customer responsiveness, you'll be a critical part of a fast-moving,innovative team, providing support and expertise where needed. By leveragingvisualization applications like Grafana and Graphite; load distribution toolslike Netscalers, LVS, and Akamai; as well as configuration managementframeworks like Puppet and Foreman; you will see your designs brought to lifeon thousands of Linux servers in data centers across the globe.
- Demonstrated expertisein creating and modifying Puppet manifests for system and application configuration. Recent, hands-on Redhat Enterprise Linux or CentOSexperience. CentOS7 preferred, CentOS6 at a minimum.
- 5-10 years experience inLinux based operating systems. Redhat/CentOS preferred.
- High School Diploma orgeneral education degree (GED).
- Create, adapt, andmaintain system configurations using Puppet, and assist in migrating off legacy CFEngine tools.
- Participate inengineering, deploying, and maintaining new solutions and services for internal customers.
- Act as liaison forSystems Engineering to one or more internal company divisions.
- Provide after-hourssupport when required, and respond to outages, incidents, and alerts.
- Demonstrate expertiseand leadership as local subject matter expert (SME) in one or more positions:
- Load balancing, geo-balancing, VIP configurations
- Internal, external, and globally-dynamic DNS
- Systems security through IDS/IPS, SeLinux, or other hardening tools
- Operating systems standards
- Hardware standards
- Authorization and authentication via LDAP, IPA, NIS, Winbind, sudo, etc.
- Metrics collection, graphing, and trending
- Patching and updates
Check our Engineering Blog
To Apply Directly: email@example.com
Bachelor's Degree fromFour-Year College or University preferred, not required.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers arecontingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unlessprohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employmentverification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (fordriving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant, Inc. is theleader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggestcompanies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returnsfor brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integratedpersonalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largestaffiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of whatmotivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit www.conversantmedia.com.
Great People, DeserveGreat Benefits
We know that we havesome of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believein rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay,comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance yourcareer. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employeestock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefitsthat work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is the globalleader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassingglobal marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreakingtechnologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results ourclients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct MarketingNetwork and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Datacompany. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com, follow us on Twitter@EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is anEqual Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Dataparticipates in E-Verify
For San Francisco BayArea:
Alliance Data willconsider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in amanner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. LI*DG
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Back to top