Linux System Engineer
We may be the most important Internet company you've never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
As a member of the Linux Systems Engineering team, you will work in a group that is focused on efficiency, project work, compliance, standards, situational awareness and readiness. You'll be a critical part of a fast-moving, innovative team, providing support and expertise where needed. You will work independently with little to no guidance in some situations as well as working with the team in full collaboration.
- Participate in engineering, deploying, and maintaining solutions and services for internal customers.
- Act as a technical liaison to one or more internal company divisions.
- Investigate and troubleshoot TIER 3 issues with network, server, and application infrastructure.
- Communicate issues to stakeholders effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Provide documentation of configuration and troubleshooting procedures to facilitate other team members and teams within the IT organization.
- Provide after-hours support when required, and respond to outages, incidents, and alerts.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years' experience building, configuring and administering CentOS and/or RedHat Enterprise Linux in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent Linux command lines skills.
- Experience in automating tasks via interpreted languages such as Python, Perl or Bash
- Working knowledge of the GIT version control system.
- Automation and configuration experience (Puppet, Chef, Foreman, Ansible, Salt, etc).
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the network, OS, and application levels.
- Agile experience a plus (Kanban, Scrum, etc)
- Service delivery in a high-volume environment with competing priorities.
- Independent worker, can work on projects or issues with little to no direction from management.
- Excellent organization skills, project tracking abilities, communications skills, and time management skills.
Check out Engineering Blog
To Apply Directly: [email protected]
Bachelor's Degree fromFour-Year College or University preferred, not required.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers arecontingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unlessprohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employmentverification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (fordriving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant, Inc. is theleader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggestcompanies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returnsfor brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integratedpersonalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largestaffiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of whatmotivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit www.conversantmedia.com.
Great People, DeserveGreat Benefits
We know that we havesome of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believein rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay,comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance yourcareer. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employeestock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefitsthat work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is the globalleader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassingglobal marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreakingtechnologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results ourclients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct MarketingNetwork and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Datacompany. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com, follow us on [email protected] or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is anEqual Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Dataparticipates in E-Verify
For San Francisco BayArea:
Alliance Data willconsider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in amanner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. LI*DG
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Back to top