Director, Data Science
The Director, Decision Sciences isresponsible for working as part of a team of data scientists focused on buildingand improving the algorithms and models that support one of the DecisionSciences key focus areas. At theDirector level, the applicant is expected to be able to lead other DataScientists and Senior Data Scientists in both research and technical aspects ofthe projects. In our Decision Sciences R&Dorganization, you will be responsible for researching and building machinelearning, recommender system, and natural language processing applications toextend Conversant's personalization platform. Conversant's business is based on analyzinganonymized data at internet scale and evaluating more than 1 trillion advertisingopportunities per month in real-time. Youwill work on real-world problems as part of our highly collaborative R&Dteam, and your solutions will directly and rapidly impact our business. This hands-on leadership role will play a keyrole in Conversant's product development efforts including working with ProductManagement to help to define the product roadmap, determining key technologiesand approaches, developing specific algorithms and models, and working withEngineering on implementation.
- Develop and manage talent byidentifying the skills and performance criteria necessary for success andworking with their Senior Director to manage key projects and direct other teammembers to meet and exceed these standards as well as provide career-buildingopportunities for team
- Work with the business to understand requirements, and useyour software engineering, machine learning, recommender system, and naturallanguage processing expertise to make strategic recommendations to createsolutions.
- Conceptualize analytic approaches, build out data sets andmodels for testing and production.
- Design, implement, and validate solutions in Apache Spark,using Scala or Python on a large state-of-the-art cluster
- Coordinate implementations working closely with engineering,to implement specific solutions into Conversant's platform.
- Measure success and provide feedback, and monitor launcheffectiveness of new initiatives.
- Identify requirements for future research focus in theirkey area.
- Graduate degree, Ph.D. preferred, in Computer Science, Statistics,Linguistics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or arelated scientific discipline
- Research experience and coursework in Machine Learning,Recommender Systems, and Natural Language Processing
- 3 years managing projects as a technical project leader
- 5 years of programming experience in an industryenvironment
- 5 years in positions applying machine learning, recommendersystems, natural language processing, data science, and analytics to businesscritical decision processes
- 2 years prior management experience
- Outstanding analytic and modeling skills, proficient atconceptualizing, implementing, and evaluating highly accurate and scalable solutionsto business problems
- Excellent organizational, motivational and interpersonalskills, capable of interfacing well at multiple levels within a largeorganization
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead complex researchand development projects
- Demonstrated proficiency working with business andtechnical teams to integrate algorithms into product platforms on large datasets, at scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the abilityto summarize technically complex information for a non-technical audience
- Strong 'can do' attitude, thrives in a dynamic, fast pacedenvironment with many simultaneous projects
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark,or an MPP environment
- Strong understanding of machine learning, recommendersystems, natural language processing, statistics, and modeling techniques
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
ADDITIONALUSEFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS
Experience with Information Retrieval, Optimization,Causal Inference
Experience with SQL, Scala, Python, or Java
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant, Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit www.conversantmedia.com.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World's Largest CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance #LI-MJ
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Back to top