As a Data Scientist in our DecisionSciences R&D organization, you will be responsible for researching andbuilding machine learning applications to extend Conversant's personalizationplatform. Conversant's business is based on analyzing anonymized data atinternet scale and evaluating more than 1 trillion advertising opportunitiesper month in real-time. You will work on real-world problems as part ofour highly collaborative R&D team, and your solutions will directly andrapidly impact our business. This includes researching and developingmodels, algorithms, and applications; analyzing raw source data and deriveddata; presenting findings; and building tools and analyses for new and existingproducts.
- Develop an understanding of Conversant's personalization platform and proprietary datasets
- Use your machine learning expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving our technology and business problems
- Design, implement, and validate your solutions in Apache Spark, Apache Hive, using Scala or Python on a large state-of-the-art cluster
- Work with our Engineering teams to integrate your solutions into Conversant's platform
- Participate fully in our collaborative approach to research and applications projects
- A Ph.D., (or Master's degree plus at least 3 years' relevant experience), in Computer Science, Statistics, Linguistics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or a related scientific discipline
- Research experience and coursework in Machine Learning
- Fluency in programming
- Experience with large data sets
- Strong understanding of statistics and modeling techniques
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
ADDITIONAL USEFUL BUTNOT REQUIRED SKILLS
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, or related technologies
- Familiarity with SQL, Scala, Python, or Java
- Experience with mathematical optimization, control theory, time-series analysis, or Markov Decision Processes
- Experience modeling consumer behavior or market dynamics
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Ranked the #1 Agency by the Hub Magazine, Catapult is the integrated behavior-based marketing services agency that delivers accelerated business growth through the Art of Conversion™. This unique data-driven approach identifies the core, actionable insights that inspire brilliant creative with the power to convert consumers into shoppers, shoppers into buyers, and buyers into loyal advocates. Headquartered in Westport, CT, Catapult leverages the expertise of more than 300 employees across 11 offices in major retailer geographies including Minneapolis, Bentonville, Chicago, Dallas, Cincinnati, Nashville, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Seattle and Tampa. Catapult is an Epsilon brand. For more information: www.catapultmarketing.com, follow on Twitter @CatapultMktg or call 1.203.682.4000.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World's Largest CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance #LI-MJ
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Back to top