Business Analyst, Senior
We may be the most important Internet company you've never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
You will work with database ETL processes and help the organization leverage that knowledge via cross team collaboration. You will have direct influence in the strategic use of marketer data as it applies to product development and digital display campaigns. Marketplace team is responsible for ingesting various client data sources and aligning those inputs into the team's data model.
- Analyze complex business problems and provide technical expertise for developing user requirements.
- Provide solution details to stake holders regarding agreed upon solutions and their impact.
- Must have a working knowledge of SQL.
- Database deliverables include file manipulations and report building.
- Follow a data loading plan and support data maintenance policy.
- Provide expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
- Determine how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model.
- Help develop an understanding of client's original data.
- Involved in design and execution of reports and report development.
- Provide consultation to users in the area of the internal ETL application systems.
- May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
Knowledge and Skills
- Clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the organization and/or with external partners, and understand the unique needs of each partnership.
- Document information effectively through databases, knowledge warehouses, and other shared space.
- Interpret customer needs, and translate into understandable written requirements.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced and often changing environment.
- Serve as a liaison between: developers and users, clients and companies, and management and IT on an as needed basis.
- Good organization and interpersonal skills.
- Able to understand and meet needs of end users.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced and often changing environment.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills using SQL.
- Basic to intermediate database programming using Python and Shell commands.
- Knowledge of logical and physical database design
- Understanding of relational database design.
- Knowledge of the extract, transform, load, star schema and end user access tools
To learn more visit our Engineering Blog
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant, Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.conversantmedia.com&esheet=50979797&newsitemid=20141107006050&lan=en-US&anchor=www.conversantmedia.com&index=1&md5=ceffa9dd43ffb213f30808148e513ad7.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Back to top