Big Data Solutions Engineer
Big Data Solutions Engineer
The Data Warehousing department at Conversant is responsible for brokering all enterprise data and maintaining database and Hadoop environments at petabyte scale on an ever changing technology stack. In this role, in addition to mastering the technology stack, it is also of vital importance to develop subject matter expertise on the enterprise’s data set. As a data driven company, the way we capture, store and utilize the corporate asset of the proprietary data model is what drives our best in class understanding of the consumer and equates directly to the company’s bottom line.
• You will design and code solutions on and off database for ensuring application access to enable data driven decision making for the company’s multi-faceted ad serving operations.
• Working closely with end user communities of Analytics, Decision Sciences and Operations to ensure enterprise data warehouse solutions and assets are actionable, accessible and evolving in lockstep with the needs of the ever changing business model.
• You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
• 3-5 year of experience in maintaining and developing database and HDFS applications
• Ability to learn and investigate new areas independently
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with databases and data-driven applications
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• Experience with specific “big data” technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Storm, Kafka.
• Experience with PostgreSQL, pgplsql and python
• Experience with BI tools and reporting frameworks
• Experience with replication, backup and restore and disaster recovery
Education and Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering/Data Warehousing or equivalent experience.Qualifications
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.About Conversant
Conversant, Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.conversantmedia.com&esheet=50979797&newsitemid=20141107006050&lan=en-US&anchor=www.conversantmedia.com&index=1&md5=ceffa9dd43ffb213f30808148e513ad7.Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.About Epsilon
Epsilon is the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Angie makes sure the user interface on the API side of things works smoothly. She also builds internal web apps for the company and coordinates the foreign team handling front-end design.
Back to top