Big Data Software Engineer, Senior
Conversant may be the most important Internet company you've never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
We are seeking talented, enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer(s) to join our team in Northern Virginia. As a Senior Software Engineer (Hadoop) at Conversant you will write code and manage the environments in data pipeline that processes billions of transactions a day. You will be responsible for building out new products while updating and expanding our existing offerings.
Our software engineers enjoy rolling up their sleeves, writing code and working with large amounts of data. You hold yourself to a high standard and consider inefficiency to be an abject failure. You have a keen knack for attention to detail and a penchant for measuring things. Your reputation for requirements gathering and solution delivery is exceeded only by the careful consideration you put into architecting and testing them.
- Write robust, high-performance, maintainable code as leading member of the data platform team
- Be a part of a team working on a high volume, highly available data platform that is critical to the success of the business
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over projects
- Build available, scalable, low latency systems designed for high traffic infrastructure
- Conduct performance testing and monitoring of production systems
- Review work and assure adherence to best standards and practices
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical work experience
- Experience with databases and data-driven applications
- Experience with replication, backup and restore and disaster recovery
- Solid computer science fundamentals such as complexity analysis, data structures and software design
- You are experienced with architecting, developing and extending large and complex systems
- You are passionate about shipping quality high-performance code
- You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist
- You need to be a great team worker and a great communicator
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- MS or PhD in Computer Science.
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with specific "Big Data" technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Storm, Kafka
- Experience with PostgreSQL, pgplsql and Python
Apply directly to [email protected]
Visit our Engineering Blog
Alljob offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain backgroundchecks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal historychecks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, creditchecks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant,Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps theworld's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences thatdeliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offera fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs andthe world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deepunderstanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For moreinformation, please visit www.conversantmedia.com.
GreatPeople, Deserve Great Benefits
Weknow that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in theworld, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here,expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endlessopportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement toscholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offerassociates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work forus.
Epsilonis the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. Anall-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data,groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to getthe results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 WorldCRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilonemploys over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is anAlliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com,follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
AllianceData is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
AllianceData participates in E-Verify
ForSan Francisco Bay Area:
AllianceData will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal historiesin a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police CodeSections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair ChanceOrdinance.
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Back to top