Big Data Rotation Apprentice
Big Data Rotation Apprentice
Conversant is a leader in personalized digital marketing. We are transforming digital marketing by empowering leading brands to engage in one-to-one conversations with real people. We can help virtually any brand leverage the power of personalization to improve marketing results.
Conversant's Rotational Programs are 1-year accelerated learning programs for recent college graduates. Apprentices will participate in an exclusive training bootcamp to learn about our business and technology. In addition, they will take part in leader talks, a formal mentorship program, and numerous professional development courses.
The Big Data Rotation allows you to explore three different areas to find out where you can succeed and have the greatest impact. This 12-month rotational program gives you on-the-job training in a variety of roles within our Data Warehouse, Marketplace, and Hadoop teams.
You will work with operational teams on the creation of new datasets collected from the billions of internet interactions that Conversant sees every day. You will also gain an understanding of how Conversant receives data offline from its customers, and will work closely with many of our internal teams.
- Enable a data driven organization mine through its vast collection of data assets
- Support the technical infrastructure on multiple MPP database platforms, including connectivity/cross querying abilities in Hadoop clusters
- Develop code, data tables, and reports to support client-facing custom analytics
- Create efficiencies through automation or enhancement of existing processes
- Aid in the design and creation of data and reporting systems for media modeling and optimization efforts
- Actively participate in the development of complex data initiatives, including gathering of requirements, technical specifications and prototyping
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Team player with strong entrepreneurial attitude
- Thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Analytical, tactical and detail orientated
- Basic understanding of SQL preferred
- Experience in Python, Perl or other scripting languages or developing inside of a business intelligence tool suite a plus
- MapReduce and/or any other Hadoop base experience also a plus
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant, Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Back to top