WorkPlace Account Manager - Chicago
Convene is looking for an Account Manager to join our sales team, one in our Chicago location to help increase the adoption of our full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces. This role will report to the Account Director for the respective region.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure that your WorkPlace properties are compliant with target occupancy rates.
- Fill the sales funnel with WorkPlace tenant prospects - proactively solicit new business accounts with heads of real estate at enterprise organizations, C-suite at high growth organizations and real estate brokerage firms.
- Proactively identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with others on the real estate, sales and operations teams.
- Attend networking events and informational sessions to prospect for new business and understand current industry trends.
- Be a professional brand ambassador for Convene.
What We Look For:
- College/University Degree BS/BA required.
- 3-5+ years professional experience in a sales capacity (within real estate and/or flexible workplace solutions is a plus).
- You are naturally competitive and enjoy the sales hunting process - prospecting, lead generation and execution of in-person meetings for new business.
- You are self-sufficient.
- You possess strong relationship building skills and are energetic and personable
- You are undaunted by the challenge of calling the C-suite of high growth organizations, real estate brokerages, VC firms.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and emotional intelligence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to envision the future of Real Estate.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Intersectional, iterative thinker that can see many paths to a goal.
- You are in love with change and enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and can carve out a path to solution using informal influence, and your art and intuition
- You're an entrepreneur and think of the word NO as next option. You see opportunity everywhere, welcome mistakes as compost for your leadership journey and greet adversity as something to further develop your resilience.
Who We Are:
Convene designs and services premium places to work, meet, and host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, and has been named one of America's 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by both Inc. and Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convene's NYC headquarters and learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQ's Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, and read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work® 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIn's Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crain's New York Fastest Growing Companies
We're Here For You:
At Convene, you'll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family
- Medical and insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans and gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals and snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Back to top