WorkPlace Account Director - East (Philadelphia/DC)
Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible and invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals and professional development, and fosters community. Our team's evolution, values and culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings and office market growing rapidly and showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving and growing our offerings from hosting meetings and events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
We’re looking for an Account Director to join Convene’s sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing business relationships and driving revenue in alignment with the company growth strategy. The WorkPlace Account Director – East (Philly/DC) is responsible for primarily selling WorkPlace suites and, secondarily, WorkPlace memberships for specific Convene buildings assigned to the sales person. This is a “Hunter” Sales role that requires building a book of business from scratch and developing an ongoing pipeline in accordance with Convene standards, vision, mission, and values including our core principles. This role focuses on building relationships both with Brokers and client direct while helping to establish Convene WorkPlace as the most desired WorkPlace solution in Philly/DC. This role will have three distinct phases over the first 90-Days (to be outlined at a later date in conjunction with the sales person). Success will be determined quarterly by achieving the WorkPlace revenue goal for a specific Convene building assigned to the sales person. This role requires some travel to visit other WorkPlace locations and the Convene headquarters based in NYC. Role based in DC.
What You’ll Do:
- Retain existing WP customers.
- Identify and close SMB and Enterprise target customers.
- Develop and sustain Broker relationships that build your WorkPlace pipeline.
- Subject matter expert on WorkPlace Sales trends, Flexible WorkPlace solutions, Philly/DC Broker Houses, WorkPlace Broker agreements, and the co-working market evolution.
- Work in conjunction with the WorkPlace Director of Growth and WorkPlace Business Development Director to ensure all WorkPlace suites are sold in your designated locations.
- Establish proficiency with Salesforce/Delphi, Nexedus, the Convene Tech stack (Elevate + Beco) and any additional tools introduced within WorkPlace.
- Be a trusted leader in the Philly/DC Community when it comes to WorkPlace solutions.
- Close internal partnerships with WorkPlace Director of Growth, VP of Growth Marketing, Marketing Manager, Director of WorkPlace, Real Estate VP of Business Development and WorkPlace Sales Associate.
- Attend tradeshows, receptions, and informational sessions to prospect for new business.
- Join at least one professional organization and hold a leadership position.
- Reach and exceed budgeted goals per quarter and year
What We Look For:
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in enterprise co-working environments
- College/University Degree BS/BA required
- Professional experience as Real Estate Broker
- Proven track record selling Co-Working and Flexible Workplace solutions
- Strong sales and communication skills, with ability to engage, advise and inspire brokers and prospective WorkPlace suite members
- Sales “Hunter” experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and ability to absorb new concepts quickly
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to envision the future of Real Estate
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
- Process and detail oriented
- Intersectional, iterative thinker that can see many paths to a goal
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles; Opening in Chicago in 2018 and plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 LinkedIn Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits You Can Expect as A Convene Employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Technical Product Manager
Karen collaborates with the Convene Engineering Team to ensure the company’s online booking application meets both client and business requirements.
Back to top