Technology Specialist - Full time
Convene is reimagining how space, service and technology can support more productive and enjoyable meetings. We are inspired by the belief that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The strategic importance of a client event and the resounding implication of its outcome give us a profound sense of responsibility and purpose. Meeting and event planners find a consistency in our brand and services while experiencing the ease of doing business with us.
The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies lead to amazing ideas and better flow of business. We help our clients work better, enhance collaboration, and support them in achieving their goals. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions, and that’s why we are committed to pursuing better ways to supporting them. We are now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st century. We have thought about what the future of meetings and workplace hospitality looks like, and we’re actively working to build that vision.
We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events, but we don’t believe in “business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people, and we fully support your development. Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be relentless, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
We’re hiring a Technology Specialist to join Convene’s world-class Technology Team. In this position, you will provide technology services in all duties, including setting up and operating various scaled audiovisual systems, with a specialty in audio, video, computers, HSIA, audio conferencing, video conferencing, webcasting, and basic lighting for different types of programs. We’re looking for someone personable and client-focused, with problem solving skills that can be applied in various types of environments and situations. Convene employees use our Core Values in their day-to-day: genuine, relentless, integrity, and teamwork.
- Minimum High School diploma/GED, AA/BS preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ audiovisual technical experience
- Knowledge of audiovisual, computer networking/maintenance, and lighting technical theory
- Intermediate technical knowledge of audio, video, projection, computer and lighting equipment
- Familiar with commercial/professional audiovisual equipment from the following manufacturers: Analog Way, Cisco, Christie, Crestron, Extron, Folson, FSR, JBL, Mackie, Marantz, Polycom, Senheiser, Shure, Soundcraft, Ashly, etc.
- CTS, CCENT, and/or CCNA certifications preferred
- Problem solving skills in different types of environments and situations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot computer networks, hardware, and software applications
- Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external clients
- Make personal contact with guests and assist with any reasonable requests
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication
- Portrays a polished professional image to meet company dress code requirements
- Perform daily floor management that includes assignment of tasks and assisting Technology Manager with labor needs and scheduling
- Work with Director of Technology and Technology Manager to establish coordinated communications for management of programs
- Equipment maintenance: proper security, storage, transportation, and preservation of equipment
- Participate in physical inventory count process as requested
- Review and have knowledge of menu/service with operations and production teams
- Compete strike lists and perform closing inspection duties
- Other duties as requested by management
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required; rotating work schedule that may include nights and weekends
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Back to top