Founded in 2009, Convene is the nation’s fastest-growing network of meeting, event and conference venues, integrating technology, hospitality, culinary, and human-centered design to create a transformative user experience. In partnership with leading commercial landlords, the company also provides on-demand space and hospitality services for building tenants and their employees through the first-ever workplace-as-a-service (WaaS) platform. With locations in New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., Convene has plans to expand to Boston, Los Angeles and Chicago in the future. Over 5,000 companies, including more than 65 percent of Fortune 100 companies, partner with Convene to host meetings and events of all sizes. Convene has been named one of Forbes’ 100 most promising companies, and one of Inc.’s fastest-growing companies. At the cornerstone of Convene’s massive growth, company culture remains an integral piece of Convene’s success. In 2016 Convene was awarded the Smart CEO top company culture award.
We’re hiring a Technology Specialist to join Convene’s world-class Technology Team. In this position, you will provide technology services in all duties, including setting up and operating various scaled audiovisual systems, with a specialty in audio, video, computers, HSIA, audio conferencing, video conferencing, webcasting, and basic lighting for different types of programs. We’re looking for someone personable and client-focused, with problem solving skills that can be applied in various types of environments and situations. Convene employees use our Core Values in their day-to-day: genuine, relentless, integrity, and teamwork.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Extensive knowledge of audio visual equipment listed in equipment and technical qualifications section
- Ensure a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of audiovisual equipment
- Experience with video conferencing including hard codecs and soft codecs
- Ability to perform basic network trouble shooting procedures
- Demonstrate strong general problem-solving skills
- Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external clients
- Make personal contact with guests and assist with any reasonable requests
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication
- Portrays a polished professional image at all times
- Perform daily floor management that includes assignment of tasks and assisting Technology Manager with labor needs and scheduling
- Work with General Manager, Production team, and Technology Manager to establish coordinated communications for management of programs
- Properly secure, store, transport, and preserve company AV equipment
- Participate in physical inventory count process as requested
- Review and have knowledge of menu/service with operations and production teams
- Complete set/strike lists and perform closing inspection duties
- Assist service team in daily duties to ensure a great client experience.
- Other duties as requested by management
- High school diploma/GED required
- AA/BS a+
- 2 years of audiovisual technical experience
- Knowledge of audiovisual, computer networking/maintenance, and lighting technical theory
- Intermediate technical knowledge of audio, video, projection, computer and lighting equipment
- CTS preferred
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Required to move, set/strike equipment up to 50 lbs. without additional assistance.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Danielle oversees the entire employee lifecycle, from in-depth interviews and a comprehensive onboarding process to continued learning and development throughout each individual’s career with Convene.
Back to top