Convene is reimagining how space, service and technology can support more productive and enjoyable meetings. We are inspired by the belief that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The strategic importance of a client event and the resounding implication of its outcome give us a profound sense of responsibility and purpose. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions and are committed to pursuing better ways to support them.
We host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings. The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies leads to amazing ideas and better flow of business. Meeting and event planners find a consistency in our brand and services while experiencing the ease of doing business with us.
The Technology Manager provides and manages all services used to deliver information technology to our customers and associates including networking, desktop support, audio, video, HSIA, audio & video conferencing, webcasting and basic lighting for different types of meetings and events. He/she works closely with customers to deliver an excellent meeting, conference, and working experience. Technology Managers oversee Technology Specialists in supporting/executing customer needs and helps manage, train and lead Specialists in personal, technical and career development/training. The person in this role also works directly with the sales and production team to ensure an organized commitment to excellence.
- High school diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in managing AV & IT equipment and computer software systems
- Experience leading team members
- Customer service or hospitality experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of audiovisual equipment including analog/digital audio mixers, wireless microphone systems, seamless video switchers, and projectors/displays
- Possess a basic understanding of Crestron hardware and functionality
- Basic knowledge of data networking principles, architecture, and applications
- Experience in the basic installation, configuration, operation and administration of operating systems, applications and hardware for Macs, PCs, LANs, servers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Apple iWorks suite of business applications.
- Ability to lead and manage other team members while working effectively with both internal and external clients
- Experience with CRM applications
- Flexible, long, and weekend hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to climb and work on a ladder for lengthy periods of time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide ad-hoc troubleshooting and assistance to customers of all technology competency levels
- Management/troubleshooting of AV equipment, including but not limited to audio, video, lighting, computer networking systems and hardware both in-house and client systems
- Evaluation and trouble-shooting personal computer hardware and software, peripheral device, mobile devices and network component problems
- Preprogram coordination with client ensuring that all of their technological needs are met and in place for their arrival
- Ensure that booking guidelines are followed, and that all leaders are maximizing space and revenue through audits and the weekly program execution order meetings.
- Provide genuine anticipatory customer service by establishing good working relationships with Convene team members, divisions and vendors
- Attend PEO, Pre-Con, and pre-production meetings as needed
- Direct day-to-day floor operations of Technology Specialists, including set and strike, scheduling, etc.
- Create weekly schedule for Technology Specialists and coordinate with other locations to share resources
- Delegate tasks
- Make personal contact and maintain positive relationships with clients and assist with any reasonable requests during programs
- Interact with Relationship Sales Managers to ensure a thorough understanding of the client experience with Convene prior to the start of their meeting/event
- Prepare and follow-up on all sales quotes using revenue maximization techniques in accordance with Convene standard operating procedures
- Assist in any areas of daily operation
Training & Development
- Cross-train in other conference center related areas
- Assist with developing healthy employee relations climate, including employee motivation and coaching
- Participate in collaborative project efforts with both the technology team and other departments
- Participate in employee appraisals
- Mentor Technology Specialists to provide a consistent level of customer service
- Interview and hire prospective candidates for all positions in the department using targeted selection
- Stay current on industry trends in special events/meetings through benchmarking, trade publications, competitive shopping, and special event conferences
- Review all departmental SOPs on a quarterly basis and update as needed
- Responsible for weekly financial reporting of client programs, tracking labor hours/dollar amounts, as well as spending
- Review P&L/General Ledger reports for department/location ensuring accuracy and transparency
- Approval and submission of vendor invoices to Accounts Payable in a timely fashion
- Participate in annual budgeting process for team member’s location
- Completion of weekly/monthly status reports
- Maintain and up hold Convenes cultural standards
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Show initiative and drive to solve problems
- Portray a polished, professional image according to Convene dress code standards
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Co-Founder & President
The most exciting thing about Convene [...], is a humble concept of improving to be 1% better every single day, as individuals and also as a company.
Back to top