Provide technology services in all duties including the ability to set up and operate various scaled audiovisual systems with a specialty in audio, video, computers, HSIA, audio conferencing, video conferencing, webcasting, and basic lighting for different types of programs.
Duties & Functions
• Problem solving skills in different types of environments and situations.
• Ability to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot computer networks, hardware, and software applications
• Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external clients.
• Make personal contact with guests and assist with any reasonable requests.
• Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Portrays a polished professional image to meet company dress code requirements.
• Must be able to accommodate a rotating work schedule to include nights and weekends and occasional long hours.
• Perform daily floor management that includes assignment of tasks and assisting Technology Manager with labor needs and scheduling.
• Work with Director of Technology and Technology Manager to establish coordinated communications for management of programs.
• Equipment maintenance: Proper security, storage, transportation, and preservation of equipment.
• Participate in physical inventory count process as requested.
• Review and have knowledge of menu/service with operations and production teams.
• Complete strike lists and perform closing inspection duties.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
• Knowledge of audiovisual, computer networking/maintenance and lighting technical theory
• Minimum of High School graduate/GED, AA/BS preferred.
• Minimum of 2 or more years of audiovisual technical experience.
• Intermediate technical knowledge of audio, video, projection, computer and lighting equipment
• Familiar with commercial/professional audiovisual equipment from the following manufacturers: Analog Way, Cisco, Christie, Crestron, Extron, Folsom, FSR, JBL, Mackie, Marantz, Polycom, Senheiser, Shure, Soundcraft, Ashly etc.
• CTS, CCENT and/or CCNA certifications preferred
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Required to move, set/strike equipment up to 50 lbs. without additional assistance.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Stephanie oversees the front-of-house operations at Convene’s 101 Park event space. She manages and assists her team in keeping clients happy and the facilities immaculately clean.
Back to top