Convene is reimagining how space, service and technology can support more productive and enjoyable meetings. We are inspired by the belief that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The strategic importance of a client event and the resounding implication of its outcome give us a profound sense of responsibility and purpose. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions and are committed to pursuing better ways to support them.
We host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings. The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies leads to amazing ideas and better flow of business. Meeting and event planners find a consistency in our brand and services while experiencing the ease of doing business with us.
The Technology Manager provides and manages all services used to deliver information technology to our customers and associates including networking, desktop support, audio, video, HSIA, audio & video conferencing, webcasting and basic lighting for different types of meetings and events. He/she works closely with customers to deliver an excellent meeting, conference, and working experience. Technology Managers oversee Technology Specialists in supporting customer needs and helps manage, train and lead Specialists in personal, technical and career development/training. The person in this role also works directly with Sales and Planning to ensure an organized commitment to excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in managing IT and AV equipment and computer software systems.
Knowledge & Skills
- Basic knowledge of data networking principles, architecture, and applications
- Experience in the basic installation, configuration, operation and administration of operating systems, applications and hardware for Macs, PCs, LANs, servers, AV equipment for both in-house and customer systems.
- Familiarity with the operation of business applications for both Mac and PC based business software including Microsoft Office and Apple business applications.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of audiovisual equipment.
- Ability to lead and manage other team members and work effectively with clients both internal and external
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide ad-hoc support, troubleshooting and assistance to customers of all technology competency levels.
- Management, troubleshooting and maintenance of on site PCs, laptops, servers, security infrastructure, AV equipment both in-house and customer systems.
- Evaluation and trouble-shooting personal computer hardware and software, peripheral device, mobile devices and network component problems
- Setup, maintain, troubleshoot, and operate all in-house technology equipment including but not limited to audio, video, lighting, and computer networking systems and hardware
- Provide genuine anticipatory customer service by establishing good working relationships with Convene team members, divisions and all vendors
- Mentor Technology Specialists to also provide this consistent level of customer service
- Make personal contact and maintain positive relationships with clients and assist with any reasonable requests during conference
- Cross-train in other conference center related areas
- Show initiative and drive to solve problems
- Interact with Relationship Sales Managers to ensure a thorough understanding of the client experience with Convene prior to the start of their meeting/event
- Prepare and follow-up on all sales quotes using revenue maximization techniques in accordance with Convene standard operating procedures
- Establish departmental strategic plan and lead division via specific action steps to achieve financial, quality goals, and survey scores
- Stay current on industry trends in special events/meetings through benchmarking, trade publications, competitive shopping, and special event conferences
- Review and revise content and pricing quarterly. Conduct competitive pricing analysis bi-annually.
- Ensure that booking guidelines are followed, and that all leaders are maximizing space and revenue through audits and the weekly program execution order meetings.
- Work with and solicit business from approved vendors.
- Direct day-to-day floor operations of Technology Specialists, including set and strike, scheduling, etc.
- Delegate tasks appropriately
- Assist with developing healthy employee relations climate, including employee motivation and coaching
- Participate in employee appraisals, where appropriate
- Portray a polished, professional image according to Convene dress code standards
- Interview and hire prospective candidates for all positions in the department using targeted selection
- Review and update all written correspondence (personalized letter “shells”) and internal communication forms and processes (distribution process) quarterly to ensure continuous improvement and quality standards
- Ensure that all SOPs are current and up to date
- Accommodate for a rotating work schedule to include nights and weekends and occasional long hours
- Perform other duties as requested by management
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Stephanie oversees the front-of-house operations at Convene’s 101 Park event space. She manages and assists her team in keeping clients happy and the facilities immaculately clean.
Back to top