Convene is reimagining how space, service and technology can support more productive and enjoyable meetings. We are inspired by the belief that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The strategic importance of a client event and the resounding implication of its outcome give us a profound sense of responsibility and purpose. Meeting and event planners find a consistency in our brand and services while experiencing the ease of doing business with us.
The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies lead to amazing ideas and better flow of business. We help our clients work better, enhance collaboration, and support them in achieving their goals. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions, and that’s why we are committed to pursuing better ways to supporting them. We are now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st century. We have thought about what the future of meetings and workplace hospitality looks like, and we’re actively working to build that vision.
We have studied the science of serving large groups of people, especially in a business context. Considering every palate and personality, we have created a menu that supports an enjoyable and healthful experience. Our Culinary team carefully curates seasonal menus to offer a delectable variety of options that provide lasting energy to fuel productivity. Weekly menus have unique options for each day so that participants can always look forward to the offering.
We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events, but we don’t believe in “business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people, and we fully support your development. Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be relentless, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
We’re hiring a Sous Chef to join Convene’s prestigious culinary team. This position requires experience in high volume environments with a focus on presentation and conference style catering. As a Sous Chef, you will be responsible for assisting in maintenance of budgeted food cost, ordering, menu development, sanitation and overall food quality and presentation, as well as assisting in daily ordering and inventory.
- A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree of training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience – highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences a plus
- Hand-on chef experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers, to include Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, E-mail, and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- SerySafe/NYC DOH certified – highly desirable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information
- Constantly increasing knowledge of culinary and other products and services
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required; rotating work schedule that may include nights and weekends
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Back to top