This position requires experience in high volume environments with a focus on presentation and conference style catering. Responsible for assisting in maintenance of budgeted food cost, ordering, menu development, sanitation and overall food quality and presentation. Responsible to assist in daily ordering and inventory.
Education & Experience:
• A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
• Minimum of three (1) to five (3) years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
• Extensive catering experience a plus
• High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
• Institutional and batch cooking experiences
• Hands-on chef experience a must
• Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
• Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
• Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
• ServSafe/NYC DOH certified - highly desirable
Duties & Functions:
• Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information.
• Constantly increasing knowledge of culinary and other products and services.
• Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Danielle oversees the entire employee lifecycle, from in-depth interviews and a comprehensive onboarding process to continued learning and development throughout each individual’s career with Convene.
Back to top