Service Technician - Part time
Convene is reimagining how space, service and technology can support more productive and enjoyable meetings. We are inspired by the belief that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The strategic importance of a client event and the resounding implication of its outcome give us a profound sense of responsibility and purpose. Meeting and event planners find a consistency in our brand and services while experiencing the ease of doing business with us.
The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies lead to amazing ideas and better flow of business. We help our clients work better, enhance collaboration, and support them in achieving their goals. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions, and that’s why we are committed to pursuing better ways to supporting them. We are now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st century. We have thought about what the future of meetings and workplace hospitality looks like, and we’re actively working to build that vision.
We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events, but we don’t believe in “business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people, and we fully support your development. Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be relentless, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
We’re looking for Service Technicians to join the Convene family. The Service Technician provides genuine anticipatory service to clients and participants in all aspects of hospitality and conference services. In this position, you will interact with our clients and ensure they have a great experience at Convene. You will work in partnership with the Culinary, Production, Technology, Concierge, and Fitness teams to ensure we are exceeding the expectations of our clients. At all times, the Service Technician is expected to be attentive to our clients’ needs and make them feel welcome, important, and relaxed. We need someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as someone highly motivated and ready to work with others. Our employees carry our Core Values every day: genuine, relentless, integrity, and teamwork.
- High school/GED diploma
- Minimum 2 years server experience
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage
- Proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven good organizational skills
- Must be highly motivated and ready to lead other team members
- Proficient in multi-tasking
- Food Hygiene or Food Handling Certificate preferred
- TIPS Certification preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all clients with enthusiasm and friendliness
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Provide world-class service, in accordance with our Brand Standards
- Set up, replenish, maintain, and breakdown Food and Beverage stations
- Accommodate special client needs and last minute requests
- Develop relationships with clients
- Accurately answer client questions about culinary and our spaces in a friendly manner
- Read, understand, and execute Program Execution Orders
- Follow checklists and Standard Operating Procedures
- Set up and breakdown conference rooms and refreshing rooms as needed
- Perform facility maintenance
- Maintain safe, clean, organized, and well-stocked work areas
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
- Have full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information
- Perform opening, mid-shift, and closing duties in accordance with company standards
- Perform cleaning duties including: wiping down tables and chairs, cleaning glasses, washing dishes, polishing glass and silverware, making rollups
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Maintain professional working relationships with team
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Ability to move, carry, push, pull and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
Back to top