Service Technician (Back of House)- 730 Third Avenue
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
Performs duties, which maintain the cleanliness and organization of all food service department work areas, utensils, equipment and vehicles in sanitized and orderly condition.
- Minimum of High School graduate/GED preferred.
- Previous experience preferred.
Duties & Functions
- Care and cleaning of kitchen equipment, dish room and pot washing areas
- Washes pots, pans, trays and other cooking and serving equipment
- May wash and peel vegetables and fruits
- Operate and maintain dish room equipment according to sanitary standards
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or with the use of a hand truck
- Removal of trash, separates into designated containers, and maintain clean floor in kitchen and dining area
- Steam cleanse and/or scrubs out trash and garbage cans
- Food Safety/Sanitation
- Clean up spills in the kitchen, dining area, his/her own work area immediately
- Complete shift work, as assigned, in a timely thorough manner in accordance with department standards.
- Inform chef and manager in a timely manner when supplies are low
- Follows and observes all company policies and procedures
- Follows company standards for attendance and punctuality
- Assist other functions as needed
- Maintain and refresh restrooms.
- Responsible for ensuring proper presentation, portion control, and maintenance of proper serving temperatures – follows HACCP standards
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area
- Handles and ensures that all deliveries are properly stored, according to both state and federal health regulations
- Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service as assigned
- Cleans equipment, as assigned and in a timely fashion
- Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments
- Represents company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner is all customer and employee interactions
- Interacts with customers in a manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Greets customers courteously
- Relays relevant comments from customers directly to supervisors
- Interact with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service oriented manner
- Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak kitchen hours and does so calmly, accurately and efficiently
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Technical Product Manager
Karen collaborates with the Convene Engineering Team to ensure the company’s online booking application meets both client and business requirements.
Back to top