Service Technician (Back of House) $12.00 - Part-Time
Founded in 2009, Convene is the nation’s fastest-growing network of meeting, event and conference venues, integrating technology, hospitality, culinary, and human-centered design to create a transformative user experience. In partnership with leading commercial landlords, the company also provides on-demand space and hospitality services for building tenants and their employees through the first-ever workplace-as-a-service (WaaS) platform. With locations in New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., Convene has plans to expand to Boston, Los Angeles and Chicago in the future. Over 5,000 companies, including more than 65 percent of Fortune 100 companies, partner with Convene to host meetings and events of all sizes. Convene has been named one of Forbes’ 100 most promising companies, and one of Inc.’s fastest-growing companies. Amongst Convene’s massive growth, company culture remains an integral piece of Convene’s success. In 2016 Convene was awarded the Smart CEO top company culture award.
Performs duties, which maintain the cleanliness and organization of all food service department work areas, utensils, equipment and vehicles in sanitized and orderly condition.
- Minimum of High School graduate/GED preferred.
- Previous experience preferred.
Duties & Functions
- Care and cleaning of kitchen equipment, dish room and pot washing areas
- Washes pots, pans, trays and other cooking and serving equipment
- May wash and peel vegetables and fruits
- Operate and maintain dish room equipment according to sanitary standards
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or with the use of a hand truck
- Removal of trash, separates into designated containers, and maintain clean floor in kitchen and dining area
- Steam cleanse and/or scrubs out trash and garbage cans
- Food Safety/Sanitation
- Clean up spills in the kitchen, dining area, his/her own work area immediately
- Complete shift work, as assigned, in a timely thorough manner in accordance with department standards.
- Inform chef and manager in a timely manner when supplies are low
- Follows and observes all company policies and procedures
- Follows company standards for attendance and punctuality
- Assist other functions as needed
- Maintain and refresh restrooms.
- Responsible for ensuring proper presentation, portion control, and maintenance of proper serving temperatures – follows HACCP standards
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area
- Handles and ensures that all deliveries are properly stored, according to both state and federal health regulations
- Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service as assigned
- Cleans equipment, as assigned and in a timely fashion
- Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments
- Represents company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner is all customer and employee interactions
- Interacts with customers in a manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Greets customers courteously
- Relays relevant comments from customers directly to supervisors
- Interact with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service oriented manner
- Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak kitchen hours and does so calmly, accurately and efficiently
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Danielle oversees the entire employee lifecycle, from in-depth interviews and a comprehensive onboarding process to continued learning and development throughout each individual’s career with Convene.
Back to top