The Service Supervisor is responsible for assuring the success of all programs, while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business, assist with scheduling and lead the service team.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 or more years of progressive experience in a conference center or a related field.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Strong knowledge of service standards, and different service types
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
Duties & Functions
- Supervise and set up the service of culinary in a quick and efficient manner to participants and ensure that it follows The Program Execution Order.
- Supervise the service team and support staff including setup, utilities, maintenance, and security.
- Coordinate culinary service between the culinary team and service team.
- Keep culinary informed of accurate counts.
- Enforce all rules and regulations and ability to carry out all safety and emergency programs.
- Monitor inventory.
- Follow all health and safety regulations and ensure sanitation and cleanliness of service areas.
- Be involved in and/or conduct ongoing training of service specialist to maintain standards of service
- Manage opening and/or closing inspection duties.
- Maintain service cleanliness in front and back of the site.
- Ensure positive overall client satisfaction.
- Ability to interact with guests and/or associates in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- Adhere to basic hygiene procedures and grooming standards.
- Lead and perform duties of service technician during shift.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Back to top