Service Manager - Club 75 Rockefeller Plaza
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
The Club Service Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the membership Club space, while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high for our members.
- College degree
- Minimum of 2 or more years of progressive management experience in a membership club, restaurant/event space or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of service standards in an upscale dining environment.
- Strong understanding of POS system and menu input functions.
- Qualifying certificate in food protection from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (preferred).
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparation techniques as well as liquor laws and regulations.
- TIPS certified (preferred).
Duties & Functions
- Supervise, set-up, and execute events and programs to our company standards...
- Supervise the service team and support staff including setup, utilities, maintenance, and security.
- Coordinate service between the culinary and service teams.
- Keep culinary informed of accurate counts.
- Review menu/service with culinary and service teams.
- Enforce all rules,regulations and ability to carry out all safety and emergency programs.
- Monitor all beverage consumption.
- Follow all health and safety regulations and ensure sanitation and cleanliness of service areas.
- Be involved in and/or conduct ongoing training of service specialist to maintain standards of service
- Manage opening and/or closing inspection duties.
- Maintain service cleanliness in front and back of the property.
- Ensure positive overall client satisfaction.
- Ability to interact with members, guests and/or associates in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- Manage and retains relationships with current and prospective members.
- Adhere and manage basic hygiene procedures and grooming standards.
- Assists with the hiring process with People and Culture and General Manager.
- Assist with driving and building our Culture.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and, recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Ensures all invoices are processed accordingly.
- Reviews the monthly P&L and detailed General Ledger with General Manager along with the Area Director of Operations.
- Plan menus by consulting with corporate/property chefs and purchasing manager, estimates food costs and profits and adjusts menus.
- Manages POS and reservation systems.
- Control costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation, minimizing waste and ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Abides by all alcohol laws regulated by the State Liquor Authority.
- Maximize bar profitability by ensuring portion control and monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Maintain safe, secure and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene sanitation standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Maintain ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, utensil quality and placement and monitor food presentation and service.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Technical Product Manager
Karen collaborates with the Convene Engineering Team to ensure the company’s online booking application meets both client and business requirements.
Back to top