At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
The Service Manager is responsible for assuring the success of all programs, while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- College degree
- Minimum of 2 or more years of progressive experience in a conference center or a related field.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Strong knowledge of service standards, and different service types
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
Duties & Functions
- Supervise and set up the service of culinary in a quick and efficient manner to participants and ensure that it follows The Program Execution Order.
- Supervise the service team and support staff including setup, utilities, maintenance, and security.
- Coordinate culinary service between the culinary team and service team.
- Keep culinary informed of accurate counts.
- Review menu/service with production and culinary teams.
- Enforce all rules and regulations and ability to carry out all safety and emergency programs.
- Monitor all beverage consumption.
- Follow all health and safety regulations and ensure sanitation and cleanliness of service areas.
- Be involved in and/or conduct ongoing training of service specialist to maintain standards of service
- Manage opening and/or closing inspection duties.
- Maintain service cleanliness in front and back of the site.
- Ensure positive overall client satisfaction.
- Ability to interact with guests and/or associates in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- Adhere to basic hygiene procedures and grooming standards.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Co-Founder & President
The most exciting thing about Convene [...], is a humble concept of improving to be 1% better every single day, as individuals and also as a company.
Back to top