Senior Network Engineer
- New York, NY
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Network Engineer to join our Engineering team at Convene. The Senior Network Engineer will report directly to the Director of Corporate IT and Infrastructure.
Note: This role is partially remote, however the candidate must reside in the US and be able to work without sponsorship. Travel to Convene locations, including its corporate office in NYC, will be necessary on an "as-needed" basis.
What You'll Do:
The Senior Network Engineer will work on a broad range of business initiatives and objectives for new and current locations. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leveraging a wide range of technologies and tools to build intelligent infrastructure systems, scalable automation, and managing our centralized IT, AV, and Security systems. The candidate will be focused and driven to continuously improve our network delivery, monitoring systems, and automation initiatives.
- Design, develop, build, and maintain network architecture for a multi-tenant enterprise that is both corporate and customer facing.
- Partner with both internal and external teams to automate provisioning for new clients and other basic tasks.
- Assist in projects that lead to network improvements including network equipment code upgrades, network hardware upgrades, and network/server application software improvements.
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure the production environment is always operating at peak proficiency.
- Work with consultants, external vendors, and the internal design team to develop new locations to maintain a standard IT Network Infrastructure and physical security typology
- Actively monitor network health across Convene locations, identify and propose solutions to problems before they occur.
- Innovate, never accept the status quo.
- Explore new technologies and have fun finding the best tools.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
What We Look For:
- A deep understanding and knowledge of core networking concepts. Experience with layer 2 and 3 routing protocols typically used in any enterprise WAN architecture.
- A technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Hands on experience in Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, and ASA platforms. Proficiency in Juniper JUNOS and Extreme Networks Wireless WING platform is a plus
- Ability to develop, deploy, and maintain wide area network architecture through a varying degree of technologies such as SD-WAN, MPLS, VPLS, and L2L VPN tunnels
- Experience using automated network monitoring tools
- Previous experience in troubleshooting Wireless (WiFi) networks, sufficient knowledge of latest WiFi technologies & IEEE 802.11 standards along with RADIUS and AAA accounting
- Hands on linux server-based operating system experience (RHEL based ideal)
- Excellent attention to detail, testing and documentation
- You are looking for a professional environment where you can have fun
- Well-versed in Network design concepts that include WAN Architecture, network security engineering principles and system design
- Experienced in building network automation tools and familiarity with CI/CD workflows
- Passionate about optimizing systems and building scalable network architecture
- Interested in joining a dynamic, creative, and innovative tech organization at the ground level
- You take ownership of projects and drive them to completion.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium work experience company that includes a network of 25+ meeting, event, and office locations, and Virtual and Hybrid Meetings products. We're creating premium, hospitality-driven, and tech-enabled meeting and event experiences through our proprietary technology platform and network of premium workplaces. Join us at the forefront of improving how people meet and work.
We're Here For You:
At Convene, you'll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals and snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. #LI-JB1
Back to top