Senior Full Stack Engineer - Engineering
About Convene Tech
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “Workplace Hospitality” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible work spaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
Join us as we start our transformation into a Engineering Organization; designing, building and implementing high impact applications to drive “Workplace Hospitality”.
Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles, with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
Our Mobile Workplace Hospitality Platform
By partnering with major Landlord Partners, the Convene Technology team has created Elevate, a platform designed to anticipate the needs of tenants across the unique services offered by modern buildings. A robust backend supports iOS and Android applications which serve as a pocket assistant to the everyday contemporary employee. Building Managers consider Elevate the operating system of a building- integrating into many solutions across different use cases – IoT, Food Services, Security, Visitor Management, etc. Convene is positioning Elevate as an ecosystem of on-demand amenities and services exclusive to each building. Our technology platform reduces friction and improves the workday for employees.
About the Role
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join the Convene team in a fast-paced, agile environment to work on a broad range of business initiatives by leveraging a wide set of technologies and tools. You’ll be empowered to drive technology decisions that positions Convene to transform the workplace. You’ll be developing our Direct Booking and eCommerce apps, mobile apps, as well as the developer toolkit for our Elevate Platform, utilizing cutting-edge Technologies to give the flexibility and conveniences of a modern workplace to our customers.
- Have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in design and development of products using the following technologies/tools
- Express and Node.js
- React and Redux
- Git Repos, Jenkins, Pipelines
- AWS Services such as EC2, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SES, SQS, Kinesis, Cloudwatch, Cloudformation, Redis and API Gateway
- Familiar with Serverless Applications and Microservices architecture
- Possess full-stack development expertise, have excellent coding and design skills, you make software that works and can be tested and maintained
- Seamlessly move between backend development and frontend development
- Care deeply about quality and knows what it means to ship high quality code
- Collaborative and adaptive, you’re comfortable wearing many different hats
- Have a fun personality, communicate clearly and a pleasure to work with
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build the next generation of products leveraging frameworks such as React on the front-end and Node.JS on the backend
- Work closely with infrastructure engineering to build and scale back-end services
- Build connectors to external systems like ERPs and CRMs using the REST APIs and/or the SDKs
- Work with Product, Frontend, Mobile and QA teams, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs
- Explore new technologies and have fun finding the best tools
Back to top