Senior Back End Engineer
About Convene Tech
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “Workplace Hospitality” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible work spaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
Join us as we start our transformation into a Engineering Organization; designing, building and implementing high impact applications to drive “Workplace Hospitality”.
Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles, with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
Our Mobile Workplace Hospitality Platform
By partnering with major Landlord Partners, the Convene Technology team has created Elevate, a platform designed to anticipate the needs of tenants across the unique services offered by modern buildings. A robust backend supports iOS and Android applications which serve as a pocket assistant to the everyday contemporary employee. Building Managers consider Elevate the operating system of a building- integrating into many solutions across different use cases – IoT, Food Services, Security, Visitor Management, etc. Convene is positioning Elevate as an ecosystem of on-demand amenities and services exclusive to each building. Our technology platform reduces friction and improves the workday for employees.
About the Role
We are looking for a Back-End Software Engineer to join the Convene team in a fast-paced, agile environment to work on a broad range of business initiatives by leveraging a wide set of technologies and tools. You’ll be empowered to drive technology decisions that positions Convene to transform the workplace. You’ll be developing our Direct Booking and eCommerce apps, mobile apps as well as the developer toolkit for our Elevate Platform, utilizing cutting-edge Technologies to give the flexibility and conveniences of a modern workplace to our customers.
Have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Have 7+ years of mobile development experience with strong Swift, Java and Kotlin skills
- Hands-on experience in design and development of products using the following technologies/tools
- Have excellent coding and design skills. You make software that works and can be tested and maintained.
- Will own deliverables for our end to end release in a continuous deploy pipeline
- Have an interest in our Tech Stack; node.js on the backend; interfacing with Postgres, Mongodb; all built with microservices on AWS
- Care deeply about quality and knows what it means to ship high quality code
- Dynamic self-starter with a “can do” attitude, take ownership and drive to completion
- Thrive in a fast-paced, distributed agile environment
- Collaborative and adaptive, you’re comfortable wearing many different hats
- Have a fun personality, communicate clearly and a pleasure to work with
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, passionate about system design and desire to be a part of the next big thing
- Possess full-stack development expertise
Platforms, Tools, and Services
Git Repos, Jenkins, Pipelines
- AWS Services such as EC2, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SES, SQS, Kinesis, Cloudwatch, Cloudformation, Redis and API Gateway
- Express and Node.js
- Postgres and MongoDB
- External Services Good to be familiar with:
- HID Global
- Familiar with Serverless Applications, Microservices
- Familiar with Swift and Java
What You’ll Do
- Architect and build the services that drive our platform
- Build APIs to support mobile apps, web UIs, and data ingestion applications
- Work up and down our microservices hosted on AWS
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests
- Work with Product, Frontend, Data Engineering, and QA teams, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technologies
- Innovate; we constantly improve our core products and turn a prescient eye to the industry
- Explore new technologies and have fun finding the best tools
- Identify and implement process improvements
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Co-Founder & President
The most exciting thing about Convene [...], is a humble concept of improving to be 1% better every single day, as individuals and also as a company.
Back to top