Convene is seeking a Salesforce.com AND Delphi.fdc administrator. This unique role will work side by side with Convene’s business departments to organize, plan, and direct requirements and analysis of strategic, complex initiatives – from Sales and Marketing to Business Intelligence and Real Estate Planning and Forecasting.
The right candidate will be able to seamlessly translate business needs into technical requirements with focus on Salesforce and Delphi.fdc processes. Since this position will work cross-functionally with various departments on integrative projects, great communication skills are a must. You should be as comfortable explaining technical and business driven processes, analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing technical trade-offs with engineers. This role is based in Convene’s New York City office. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in Salesforce, Delphi.fdc and surrounding technologies, and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a real estate and hospitality organization with a rapidly expanding national footprint. You must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving growth-company. Passion and driven about delivering high quality analyses, processes, and outcomes are essential.
- Automate business reporting and conduct ad-hoc reporting for executive team – Sales, Marketing, Services, Finance, Operations and Technology teams.
- Maintenance of Salesforce, Delphi, and Marketo by providing ongoing system administration, including managing security settings, new user set up, user deactivation, executing configuration changes, data audits, profiles and roles, validation rules, etc.
- Manage and respond to help requests from users.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (vlookups, macros, pivot tables, etc.).
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand business needs and customer requirements
- Quickly understand, create, and document multiple business processes of varying complexity
- Drive user adoption across the organization, coordinate new user and on-going training sessions while creating training materials and user documentation
- Train new hires in SFDC and other business applications connected to SFDC, either through one-and-one training sessions, documentation, or video tutorials (preferred as we are, after all, an open source online video company)
- Design and execute solutions for common challenges such as Bookings, Booking Events, page layout design, and workflow rules within the context of the Delphi.fdc platform
- Experience administering other applications besides Salesforce.com.
- Be the subject-matter expert for all SFDC related questions, which includes but may not be limited to assisting with the configuration of complex deals; support/assistance of SFDC workflows and processes
- Design technology solutions for complicated business processes
- Work closely with both business and engineering teams to plan, create test cases, UAT and implement technical solutions
- Perform gap analyses and plan for transitions between current state and target state
- Change set management between development / test sandboxes and production Salesforce/Delphi.fdc environment
- An understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Have built a custom application in Salesforce. This would include the creation of custom objects with relationship to other custom or standard objects
- Have experience installing applications from the Salesforce AppExchange
- Document field definitions and process flows in Visio or other workflow design tool
- Design and execute solutions for common challenges such as data mapping, object modeling, page layout design, and workflow rules within the context of the Salesforce.com platform
- Design, implement, and support solutions for Convene’s Salesforce, Delphi.FDC, Marketo and other adjacent technology platforms
- 5-8 years of Salesforce configuration and administration experience.
- 3-5 years of Delphi configuration and administration experience
- 3-5 years of Business Intelligence software experience with a tool such as Tableau.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality, and utilizing key Salesforce apps such as Intacct, Accertify(sp?), Marketo, and others.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upward with a positive attitude
- Experience working with sandbox and production environments to manage the distribution of system functional or process changes
- College degree (MBA preferred) in technical field (e.g., Engineering, Information
- Systems, etc.), or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility and hands-on project leadership
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- General understanding of accounting and compliance principles
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Back to top