Sales Development Representative
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
The Convene sales team is looking for an Inbound Sales Development Representative. This role is focused on gathering market data and introducing Convene to prospective clients. As an Inbound Sales Development Representative, your primary duties will include discovery, development, tracking, and pursuit of leads. All lead generation activities are recorded, tracked, and measured using Salesforce. We need someone that enjoys a good chat, but knows how to steer the conversation. Someone excited by the idea of connecting with prospective clients while qualifying potential business opportunities. If you have a positive ‘glass is half full’ mentality and you’re excited to learn the ropes in sales, this could be the role for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and execute processes to generate and nurture new sales opportunities
- Handle inbound leads via phone, e-RFPs and Web Chat, to include qualification, lead distribution, and follow up.
- Map prospective accounts around organizations structure, people, and existing known meeting and event needs
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Develop opportunities from past/lapsed clients and past leads
- Create and deliver qualified leads to Account Managers and Directors
- Initiate conversations with potential clients via phone and email outreach
- Capture accurate and complete information in Salesforce.com
- Engage and strategize with Account Managers and Account Director on targeted prospect accounts
- Be an active member of the team by sharing learnings
- Research organizations and individuals online to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Work closely with Account Executives to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Attend all sales meetings
- Respond in a timely manner to all requests, projects, or tasks made from your superiors
- Act as back up for Account Coordinators
- As directed book small inbound group business
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for up to 8 hours a day
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Co-Founder & President
The most exciting thing about Convene [...], is a humble concept of improving to be 1% better every single day, as individuals and also as a company.
Back to top