Convene is the nation’s fastest growing network of meeting and conference spaces that combines technology, culinary, production, and human-centered design to create transformative corporate event experiences for leading enterprise companies.
We’re now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st century. Our next stage of growth is leveraging our core competencies to build our workplace-as-a-service platform, in partnership with the leading commercial real estate developers and landlords.
Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating everyday. Convene understands that professional and personal growth can’t be isolated, which is why the company’s learning and development programs are structured to support training at every level in the organization. We average 60 hours training per year per colleague through Onboarding, Coach Centric Leadership programs, Harvard Manage Mentor courses and others. Our robust benefit platforms corporate perks include some tuition reimbursement, health care, life insurance, lunches a generous paid time off and holidays policy We have a commitment to family, wellness, community outreach and fun beyond our work day.
THE ROLE – Director of Demand Generation & Marketing Operations
We’re hiring a Revenue Manager to join Convene. This position requires excellent analytic and communication skills. As a revenue manager, you will maximize overall portfolio revenue and profit through development and implementation of effective inventory and pricing strategies based on future demand forecasts, current trends and historical data. Revenue managers are also responsible for determining the optimal mix of business and managing distribution strategies to increase revenue and drive share, as well as effectively communicating the revenue management strategic vision across the firm.
- Required a minimum of 3 years of DORM or related discipline experience, in property with meeting and event space
- Multi-property unit revenue management experience is a plus
- Advanced excel skills required, experience with Delphi.fdc is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive Share and Revenue Performance through proper pricing, inventory controls and mix management
- Develop overall pricing strategy to include all market segments and distribution channels
- Provide guidance on availability and pricing
- Ensure Sell Guidelines, room, floor and venue minimums and target rates are updated on a regular basis
- Ensure effective pricing strategies are in place to reflect each properties’ positioning relative to the competition and specific market conditions
- Effectively manage inventory and pricing strategy on all third party channels such as distribution channels including DaVinci, Liquid Space, meetingroom.com, Bizly, and Convene’s own proprietary direct booking website and app
- Coordinate with marketing team for optimizing opportunities for incremental revenue
- Communicate with Sales & Marketing and Operations regarding soft spot needs
- Closely monitor competitive pricing and understand impact of relative pricing decisions on property performance
- Work with sales team to conduct regular price elasticity tests in various market conditions, measure results, and share key learning
- Meeting/Event business – Consult with Sales Managers on rate/pattern/profitability/inventory suitability of all potential group business
- Pro-actively identify and analyze peak days and shoulder days taking into consideration past performance as well as new industry trends
- Conduct regional market pricing reviews, and regularly update pricing calendars
- As necessary, assist in underwriting new properties and conducting due diligence for establishing pricing in new growth geographic markets
- Complete weekly suite of reports including revenue pace report, KPI reports
- Produce accurate forecast on weekly and monthly basis
- Along with Sales, Operations and Finance, work on the budget process for the top line revenue numbers, as well as work with Sales and Marketing on the pricing strategy for next year
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Stephanie oversees the front-of-house operations at Convene’s 101 Park event space. She manages and assists her team in keeping clients happy and the facilities immaculately clean.
Back to top