Regional Director, Revenue Management
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.; LA and plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
As Convene continues to expand rapidly into new business streams and expand its footprint, we are searching for an individual who will elevate our Revenue Management practice with revenue optimization of our New York locations. As Regional Director, Revenue Management – New York, you will be responsible for envisioning, creating, and executing revenue strategies along with our Sales teams to maximize revenue while promoting the company’s strategic priorities, culture, mission and values.
What you'll do
Be responsible for meeting revenue targets in our locations in New York through all business streams – meetings, events, workplace suites and memberships
- Implement inventory management strategies to ensure the right business is placed in the right locations at the right price maximizing utilization of our space.
- Empower our properties to forecast accurately and achieve revenue budgets
- Set pricing and booking guidelines, measure compliance to those and make exceptions where necessary.
- Strategize on leads and enquiries with our Sales teams to support our sales efforts. Provide guidance on accepting and bidding for pieces of business for all business streams
- Assume responsibility as a subject matter expert in Sales and/or Revenue Management on companywide projects that enhance our revenue maximizing potential.
- Liaise with other departments in the organization – Sales, IT, Finance, Marketing, Design, and Innovation among others to execute on these projects.
- Become an expert in Convene pricing, processes, and systems including Delphi/Salesforce.
- Liaise with property General Managers & Account Directors to understand their revenue optimization needs and deliver solutions.
- Strategize on Convene’s pricing philosophy, recommend changes and enact them.
In the first month you will:
- Understand Convene’s business models and revenue streams to spot potential opportunities for data-driven revenue optimization.
- Visit Convene’s properties in New York to understand their specific needs in optimizing and forecasting revenue.
- Assimilate in Convene’s world-class culture and get to know stakeholders at each property and in each department that you’ll be working closely with.
In the first three months you will:
- Begin delivering results on space optimization and revenue targets.
- Attend three out of four weekly RevMax meetings in a month at each property.
- Have established a working relationship with each General Manager, Account Director at each property, along with Area and Regional Operations and Sales teams.
- Have established your goals for the year, including personal goals for development aligned with company’s objectives
- Begin measuring property performance to our established KPIs and affect change in those metrics.
In the first year you will:
- Make a significant impact in advancing revenue maximization and space utilization at Convene.
- Elevate the skills of our property General Managers and Account Directors by supporting their efforts with training where necessary.
- Earned respect and trust from other Convene employees that you work with regularly.
- Achieved your professional goals, enhance your own skills and training as part of your personal development.
- Ensure New York hits forecasting accuracy, utilization, revenue targets for the year.
- Write and maintain Revenue Management best practices and manuals to standardize the discipline.
- Develop market analyses to understand demand in markets, recommend strategies to capture demand, and enact them on a regular basis.
What we look for
5-7 years of experience required for this role
- Self-directed, professional with a passion for rapidly scaling businesses
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to understand systems intuitively.
- Ability to conceptualize data, reports and an aptitude for spotting trends and patterns.
- Tech savvy and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment which requires a roll-up the sleeves mentality
- Ability to travel within New York city – midtown, downtown etc. on a daily basis from property to property
- Strong financial acumen
- Orientation toward high-level company goals and long-term success
- Alignment with Convene's values
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, or related field; prior experience in Revenue Strategies and Pricing – hospitality business (airlines, hotels, meetings, cruises etc.) preferred.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Co-Founder & President
The most exciting thing about Convene [...], is a humble concept of improving to be 1% better every single day, as individuals and also as a company.
Back to top