Regional Director of Sales
Convene was just named # 11 by Fortune Magazine Great Places to Work in NY. Are you interested in working for a company that fosters growth opportunities, community involvement and a team oriented atmosphere? Convene fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join a team that is stronger than steel, by applying to become a Regional Sales Director for our West Coast.
The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies lead to amazing ideas and better flow of business. We help our clients work better, enhance collaboration, and support them in achieving their goals. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions and that’s why we are committed topursuing better ways to supporting them. We are now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st Century. We have thought about what the future of meetings and workplace hospitality looks like and we’re actively working to build that vision.
We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events but we don’t believe in “business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people and we fully support your development. Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be relentless, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
The Regional Sales Director develops and implements Sales/ Marketing business unit strategy for both the short and long range goals for the growth of our footprint on the West Coast. Direct focus targets toward existing and potential customers by performing the duties personally and through the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embody the Convene Core Values and Culture
- Support Sales Plan objectives through a coach centric approach to directing, coordinating and assisting the sales team; while maintaining key customer relationships for the entire Region.
- Develop, communicate and monitor annual Sales Plans for the region and assist in establishing appropriate sales objectives for Convene Meetings, Convene Works and Convene Commons.
- Assist in supporting, training, coaching and monitoring regional and business unit managers to achieve sales objectives and performance standards
- Direct, communicate and implement appropriate sales policies and practices.
- Establish an expense budget including promotional activities, to ensure regional teams stay within guidelines to appropriately control costs and aligned with corporate initiatives.
- Implement approved Distribution Strategies in order to build a loyal customer base.
- Assist in supporting, training, and coaching the Sales team to ensure Brand and Culture Alignment, enhance the customer experience
- Work directly with the Regional VP, Operations to maximize efficiencies and increase sales and profitability.
- Work with VP, Sales and VP Commerce to establish optimal market procing and booking guidelines.
- Assist others as an information resource to the organization by completing reports, responding to information requests and collaborating with internal resources.
- Establish and foster strong partnerships with industry organizations: i.e. MPI, CVB, CoreNet, Commercial Broker Community, and local hotels, etc.
- Supervises Account Directors and Account Managers and Account Coordinators within the West Coast region.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Experience in supervising sales teams, vendor relationships and directing overall field activity.Mulit-property oversight experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of sales morale and productivity.
- Industry/market knowledge.
- Understand sales records and trends in relation to objectives and competitive activities.
- Understand and prepare sales forecasts, budgets, quotas and other projections.
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 - 7 years of sales leadership experience; multi uni leadership experience preferred,
- 20 % Travel required to customer locations and Regional Convene locations
- Travel to trade shows & other exhibitions to support the Brand
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Danielle oversees the entire employee lifecycle, from in-depth interviews and a comprehensive onboarding process to continued learning and development throughout each individual’s career with Convene.
Back to top