Regional Director of Operations
Convene is reimagining how space and service can support more productive and enjoyable meetings. We are inspired by the belief that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The strategic importance of a client event and the resounding implication of its outcome give us a profound sense of responsibility and purpose. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions and are committed to pursuing better ways to support them.
We host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings. The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies leads to amazing ideas and better flow of business. Meeting and event planners find a consistency in our brand and services while experiencing the ease of doing business with us.
The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for all aspects of the conference/program operations at the designated Convene locations, in accordance with Convene standards. This role directs, implements and maintains the service, technology, production, and culinary philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff to ensure 100% client satisfaction. In addition, the Regional Director of Operations oversees all aspects of the Locations/Property Management in accordance with Convene’s vision, mission and values including our core principles.
• Adaptability- Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
• Building trust- Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair, and respectful way; giving others confidence.
• Empathetic Leadership
• Communication-Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
• Customer Focus- Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers’ needs.
• High Work Standards- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
• Problem Solving/Decision Making- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Education & Experience:
• Degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, or applicable/equivalent experience
• Minimum of (5) to ten (10) years’ experience leading a Hospitality Operation with a significant catering and/or Conference Service component in a progressive environment
• Working knowledge Sales and Marketing
• Proven reputations as a coach centric leader
• Knowledge of food and beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Danielle oversees the entire employee lifecycle, from in-depth interviews and a comprehensive onboarding process to continued learning and development throughout each individual’s career with Convene.
Back to top