Real Estate Analyst
Convene is reimagining how space, service and technology can support more productive and enjoyable meetings. We are inspired by the belief that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The strategic importance of a client event and the resounding implication of its outcome give us a profound sense of responsibility and purpose. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions and are committed to pursuing better ways to support them.
We host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings. The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies leads to amazing ideas and better flow of business. Meeting and event planners find a consistency in our brand and services while experiencing the ease of doing business with us.
Convene is currently seeking an analyst to support the real estate team. The analyst will report directly to the Director of Real Estate and will also work closely with the Co-Founder and CEO. The position will be located in the New York corporate office and will require close interaction and collaboration with the sales, marketing, operations, design and hospitality teams of the company. Although defined as a position emphasizing detailed financial analysis, this role will provide an exceptional foundation for professional growth in many areas of commercial real estate, as well as the opportunity to work with senior leadership in a high growth venture backed company.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Develop and maintain cash flow projections and underwriting for site selection in Excel.
- Support market research, transaction timeline, due diligence and data collection efforts.
- Research trends impacting real estate utilization across major global office markets.
- Preparation of Investment Memorandums for review and approval of Investment Committee.
- Provide overall support for real estate team and growth strategy.
- Accommodate for a rotating work schedule to include nights and weekends and occasional long hours
- Perform other duties as requested by management
Skills and Requirements:
- Superior analytical skills, attention to detail and overall interest in commercial real estate.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel with ability to understand and model complicated lease models, joint venture structures and cash flow waterfalls.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Energy and commitment to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Ability to think independently and anticipate next steps.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in commercial real estate.
Back to top