Real Estate Analyst
Convene is the nation’s fastest growing network of meeting and conference spaces that combines technology, culinary, production, and human-centered design to create transformative corporate event experiences for leading enterprise companies.
We’re now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st century. Our next stage of growth is leveraging our core competencies to build our workplace-as-a-service platform, in partnership with the leading commercial real estate developers and landlords.
Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating everyday. Convene understands that professional and personal growth can’t be isolated, which is why the company’s learning and development programs are structured to support training at every level in the organization. We average 60 hours training per year per colleague through Onboarding, Coach Centric Leadership programs, Harvard Manage Mentor courses and others. Our robust benefit platforms corporate perks include some tuition reimbursement, health care, life insurance, lunches a generous paid time off and holidays policy We have a commitment to family, wellness, community outreach and fun beyond our work day.
THE ROLE – Real Estate Analyst
Convene is currently seeking an analyst to support the real estate team. The analyst will report directly to the Director of Real Estate and will also work closely with the Co-Founder and CEO. The position will be located in the New York corporate office and will require close interaction and collaboration with the sales, marketing, operations, design and hospitality teams of the company. Although defined as a position emphasizing detailed financial analysis, this role will provide an exceptional foundation for professional growth in many areas of commercial real estate, as well as the opportunity to work with senior leadership in a high growth venture backed company.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
• Develop and maintain cash flow projections and underwriting for site selection in Excel.
• Support market research, transaction timeline, due diligence and data collection efforts.
• Research trends impacting real estate utilization across major global office markets.
• Preparation of Investment Memorandums for review and approval of Investment Committee.
• Provide overall support for real estate team and growth strategy.
• Accommodate for a rotating work schedule to include nights and weekends and occasional long hours
• Perform other duties as requested by management
Skills and Requirements:
• Superior analytical skills, attention to detail and overall interest in commercial real estate.
• Expertise with Microsoft Excel with ability to understand and model complicated lease models, joint venture structures and cash flow waterfalls.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Energy and commitment to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
• Ability to think independently and anticipate next steps.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 1-3 years of professional experience in commercial real estate.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Danielle oversees the entire employee lifecycle, from in-depth interviews and a comprehensive onboarding process to continued learning and development throughout each individual’s career with Convene.
Back to top