Real Estate Analyst
Founded in 2009, Convene is the nation’s fastest-growing network of meeting, event and conference venues, integrating technology, hospitality, culinary, and human-centered design to create a transformative user experience. In partnership with leading commercial landlords, the company also provides on-demand space and hospitality services for building tenants and their employees through the first-ever workplace-as-a-service (WaaS) platform. With locations in New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., Convene has plans to expand to Boston, Los Angeles and Chicago in the future. Over 5,000 companies, including more than 65 percent of Fortune 100 companies, partner with Convene to host meetings and events of all sizes. Convene has been named one of Forbes’ 100 most promising companies, and one of Inc.’s fastest-growing companies. At the cornerstone of Convene’s massive growth, company culture remains an integral piece of Convene’s success. In 2016 Convene was awarded the Smart CEO top company culture award.
Convene is currently seeking an analyst to support the real estate team. The analyst will report directly to the Director of Real Estate and will also work closely with the Co-Founder and CEO. The position will be located in the New York corporate office and will require close interaction and collaboration with the sales, marketing, operations, design and hospitality teams of the company. Although defined as a position emphasizing detailed financial analysis, this role will provide an exceptional foundation for professional growth in many areas of commercial real estate, as well as the opportunity to work with senior leadership in a high growth venture backed company.
Duties & Functions
- Develop and maintain cash flow projections and underwriting for site selection in Excel.
- Support market research, transaction timeline, due diligence and data collection efforts.
- Research trends impacting real estate utilization across major global office markets.
- Preparation of Investment Memorandums for review and approval of Investment Committee.
- Provide overall support for real estate team and growth strategy.
- Accommodate for a rotating work schedule to include nights and weekends and occasional long hours
- Perform other duties as requested by management
Skills and Requirements
- Superior analytical skills, attention to detail and overall interest in commercial real estate.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel with ability to understand and model complicated lease models, joint venture structures and cash flow waterfalls.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Energy and commitment to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Ability to think independently and anticipate next steps.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in commercial real estate.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Danielle oversees the entire employee lifecycle, from in-depth interviews and a comprehensive onboarding process to continued learning and development throughout each individual’s career with Convene.
Back to top