Convene is coming to Los Angeles and will open its first Los Angeles location in Q1 2018.
Convene is reimagining how space, service and technology can support more productive and enjoyable meetings. We are inspired by the belief that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The strategic importance of a client event and the resounding implication of its outcome give us a profound sense of responsibility and purpose. Meeting and event planners find a consistency in our brand and services while experiencing the ease of doing business with us.
The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies lead to amazing ideas and better flow of business. We help our clients work better, enhance collaboration, and support them in achieving their goals. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions and that’s why we are committed to pursuing better ways to supporting them. We are now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st Century. We have thought about what the future of meetings and workplace hospitality looks like and we’re actively working to build that vision.
We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events but we don’t believe in“business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people and we fully support your development.Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be relentless, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
The Convene family is looking for a Production Manager to join us. Production Managers are responsible for planning and coordinating multiple events and on-site programs, supervising the work of production specialists and operations’ staff, and providing support and assistance with all 3rd party catering activities. We are looking for someone that can effectively lead the production team and build meaningful relationships with our clients, while profitably managing Convene’s concession and related operations. In this role, you will also serve as the liaison between facility users and the facility staff, service providers, and other stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as liaison between clients and operations
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of associates, clients, and all Convene departments in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner
- Effectively listen to, understand, and clarify concerns raised by associates and clients
- Comply with Convene regulations to encourage safe and efficient conference center operations
- Work closely with Sales Department; prepare pre-program cost estimates, room diagrams and photos, and facility insights; assist relationship managers in getting clients through the contract phase
- Communicate with clients to determine program needs via site visits and pre-conference meetings when necessary; manage planning process from start to finish
- Profitably manage services provided by Convene while upholding contracted agreements
- Create and maintain detailed event documentation for each booking
- Responsible for creation and distribution of PEO’s (Program Execution Orders), program diagrams,and invoices
- Accountable for Convene registration desk and related processes, such as check-in
- Work in conjunction with building management and building security; manage day-to-day operations accordingly
- Conduct daily site inspections of all conference center areas for cleanliness and maintenance and monitor quality of service in conference center operations
- Build high-energy relationships with clients and participants and assist with all requests during program
- Supervise proper calculation of all program checks and ensure client approval and signatures
- Ensure collection of all program balances
- Maximize efforts toward productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions
- Conduct weekly production meeting and daily PEO meeting
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) associates schedules and quarterly action plans
- Conduct ongoing training of Production Specialists
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Convene standards, as required by scheduling,which will vary according to the needs of the conference center
- Perform additional duties as requested by Director of Production/General Manager
- Administrative support
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or related field
- Minimum of 3 or more years of hospitality experience, including some previous supervisory experience
- Ability to lead other team members
- Ability to work effectively with clients
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Co-Founder & President
The most exciting thing about Convene [...], is a humble concept of improving to be 1% better every single day, as individuals and also as a company.
Back to top