People & Culture Business Partner (Manager)
As the People & Culture Business Partner (Manager) for our Mid-West/Chicago Region, you'll partner with operational leaders on all people matters, from employee relations to talent management to operational recruiting. This includes all the people work necessary to open a new location and ensure its ongoing successful operation, supported by a centralized People & Culture team with centers of excellence.
As the main P&C point person in the operation, your primary responsibilities are employee relations, recruiting, and change management. You'll execute corporate initiatives to increase employee engagement, decrease turnover, bolster employee and manager satisfaction with P&C, and drive successful hiring. Metrics that measure your success include: employee engagement (per the Gallup Q12), regrettable turnover, manager and employee satisfaction with P&C, and our talent acquisition index (time to fill and candidate quality).
- Growth company DNA: building and scaling are in your bones
- Alignment with Convene's core values: genuine, relentless, integrity, and teamwork (GRIT)
- Progressive, innovative, open-minded attitude
- Raw talent: both IQ and EQ
- Coaching approach to leadership and communication
- Demonstrated quantitative success as an HR business partner in a high-growth environment
- Experience with volume recruiting for operational roles
- Understanding of legal and other issues prevalent in the modern employment climate
Convene is a progressive, technology-, design-, and hospitality-driven real estate platform that delivers first class, amenitized meeting and work spaces to premium clients. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, and has been named one of America's 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by both Inc. and Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work®
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment and leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Back to top