Who we are:
Convene is changing the way people work to better serve the needs of the 21st century. We are the nation’s leading workplace-as-a-service provider. Convene is partnering with the leading commercial real estate developers and landlords to change the largest industry in the world and build a fast-growing network of flexible meeting, conference and workspace venues that combine technology, hospitality and human-centered design into transformative workplace experiences for leading enterprise companies.
Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating everyday. We are expanding our offering (new products, new geographies and new properties) very quickly, so Convene is a fast-paced and fun environment allowing for both professional and personal growth. We are looking for team members that exemplify our core values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork) and strive to be 1% every day.
What you'll do:
We’re looking for interns to join Convene! The ideal candidate will provide service to clients and participants in all aspects of meeting and conference services. The Operations Intern works in a partnership with Culinary, Production and Operations teams to ensure we are able to exceed the expectation of our client. All Operations Interns are required to participate in employee training and development.
What we look for:
- Current college student with a Hospitality major, or related major, preferred
- Sense of humor and able to thrive in a fast-pace environment
- Alignment with Convene’s values
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, ppt.)
- Assistance with analyses may be requested as needed
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to develop alternate solutions
- Effective team player that can balance team and individual responsibilities
- Organizational skills and efficient time management
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
Duties and Functions
- Learn process for maintaining Convene registration desk.
- Greet and check clients in.
- Understand the protocols for conducting daily site inspections of all conference center areas for cleanliness and maintenance.
- Assist in creating and distributing PEOs (Program Execution Orders) and program diagrams.
- Shadow managers on client visits and help determine program needs.
- Assist clients and participants with all requests day of program.
- Attend weekly production and PEO meetings and/or calls.
- Assist in printing daily menus and signage for each program.
- Assist in administrative support when necessary.
- Learn process and standards for setting up all conference rooms and refreshing the rooms as needed.
- Learn setup and breakdown for all food and beverage stations.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Back to top