Mobile Software Engineer
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.; Opening in LA in 2018 and plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
About the Role:
As a mobile software engineer at Convene, you will be working with our engineering team to develop, test, and enhance our mobile apps and development kits. Edge processing on mobile is the heart of our business: It activates a real-time data stream that connects with our cloud-services to enable our enterprise customers with real-time indoor positioning, occupancy of spaces and assets (by crowdsourcing wireless signals), and the ability to locate coworkers in the building. Candidates for this position must be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive with excellent communication skills and hands-on technical experience.
- Solid knowledge of and demonstrated experience with iOS or Android development practices
- Proficient in Java or Swift languages
- Configuration and use of automated build tools (Jenkins and similar)
- Ability to develop a test plan, creation of software test tools, and implementation of test systems in a production environment
- Knowledge of one or more mobile frameworks and libraries (RxJava, Alamofire, etc)
- Contribute to all phases the product lifecycle, including specification, design, implementation, test coordination, release, support, and documentation
- BS/BEng degree plus 3 - 5 years of experience or MS/MEng plus 1 - 3 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Technical Product Manager
Karen collaborates with the Convene Engineering Team to ensure the company’s online booking application meets both client and business requirements.
Back to top