LAP (Leadership Advancement Program)
Who We Are:
Convene (www.convene.com) is the fastest-growing network of full-service, tech-enabled meeting, event, and flexible workspaces. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles, with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of LinkedIn’s Most In-Demand Startups, one of America’s fastest growing companies and Best Workplaces of 2018 by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating everyday. We are expanding our offering (new products, new geographies and new properties) very quickly, so Convene is a fast-paced and fun environment allowing for both professional and personal growth. We are looking for team members that exemplify our core values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork) and strive to be 1% every day.
What You'll Do:
The Leadership Advancement Program at Convene is a six-month immersive training experience. The nation’s leading firms trust Convene to host their meetings, events, and work spaces, and as a participant in this program, you’ll help these events come to life.
You’ll receive a wide breadth of experience, with tactical training in operations, sales, and corporate roles, helping you fast track your new career. Our LAP participants work full-time for Convene (referred to as Operations Specialists) with opportunities in six cities around the country.
LAP participants receive a full range of training in multiple roles at the company, helping you learn what you like and where your skills lie:
- Community Management
- Production Management
- Service Management
- Technology Management
At Convene, we believe that the number one quality of a great leader is self-awareness. The Leadership Advancement Program offers the following leadership training to help hone your self-awareness and leadership style:
- One-on-one coaching with a Certified Professional Coach
- Monthly mastermind groups
- Live and virtual workshops
- 65 hours of professional development per year
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality preferred
- Solid computer skills, inclusive of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Good presentation skills for communicating with internal and external clients and vendors
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative, ability to work as part of a team
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Back to top