Junior Network Engineer
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and LA, with plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
About the Role
We are looking for a Junior Network Engineer to join the Convene Infrastructure team. You’ll be joining at the start of our transformation to a Technology organization; designing, building and implementing a technology infrastructure supporting our integrated “Workplace-As-A-Service” platform. You’ll be working on AWS, Active Directory, Open DNS, SSO Initiatives and supporting all Product Engineering teams as they develop our Direct Booking and Ecommerce apps, mobile apps as well as the developer toolkit for our Elevate Platform. We work on a broad range of business initiatives and objectives by leveraging a wide set of technologies and tools; and our Infrastructure Engineering team provides manages the availability, stability and performance of the technology environment.
- Well-versed in Infrastructure and Security engineering principles and system design.
- Someone who enjoys working on a team of inspired, interesting and super-smart engineers.
- Excited to contribute in a rapidly growing and successful company.
- You know how to have fun while you work.
- Interested in joining a dynamic, creative, and innovative tech organization at the ground level
- You take ownership of projects and drive them to completion.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organization's current and future requirements
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, vendor provided code, Linux and Windows based servers, and hosted SaaS applications
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure production environment is always operating at peak proficiency
- Troubleshoot day to day operational issues affecting the network and software applications maintained by the network infrastructure team
- Conduct day to day onboarding of new users into various network infrastructure elements such as RADIUS servers and building security systems
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and ISP’s (internet service providers) when necessary
- Assist in projects that lead to overall network improvements including network equipment code upgrades, hardware upgrades, and network/server application software improvements
- Innovate, never accept status quo
- Explore new technologies and have fun finding the best tools.
- Identify and implement process improvements
We are looking for a Junior Network Engineer with
- Understanding of core networking concepts, including the OSI model
- A technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Well versed in Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and ASA platforms. Proficiency in NX-OS and Extreme Networks Wireless WING platform is a plus
- Experience using automated monitoring tools
- Previous experience in troubleshooting Wireless (WiFi) networks and sufficient knowledge of latest WiFi technologies and “lingo” such as IEEE802.11 standards along with RADIUS and AAA accounting
- Who can gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues and work directly with customers in an effort to resolve issues in a professional and friendly manner
- Linux server based operating system experience a plus
- Who can work in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail, testing and documentation
- The ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
- A fun personality and the desire to be a part of the next big thing
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Co-Founder & President
The most exciting thing about Convene [...], is a humble concept of improving to be 1% better every single day, as individuals and also as a company.
Back to top