At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.; Opening in LA in 2018 and plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
About the Role
As an Implementation Specialist, you will be part of Convene’s technology organization working on the bleeding edge of Smart Buildings and Workplace Experience. You will be responsible for the deployment of our technology platform in the areas of building setup, as well as user on-boarding and support. You will handle both the physical installation of hardware related to the operation of our platform, as well the support of users during initial on-boarding and ongoing.
The work you do will ensure each building is properly configured before launch, and that users in the building have best-in-class support to ensure a great user experience.
What You’ll Do
- Configure and QA our patented Beco Beacon hardware prior to shipment/installation.
- Pack and ship orders of Beco Beacons to client sites.
- Configure building access technology and install our Beco Beacons at client sites.
- Onboard users into our Platform using internal systems
- Travel to /from client sites for in person support.
- Be a direct line for supporting user questions or concerns by using our helpdesk and chat systems.
- Continually identify process improvement opportunities and work with leadership on improvement plans.
- Be flexible and adapt with the growth/direction of the company.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Comfort doing basic on-site setup of our hardware involving small ladders.
- Ability to strategize in the moment to overcome unforeseen obstacles.
- Takes direction well, coachable, and highly motivated.
- Willingness to travel for customer installations and meetings.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including comfort facilitating small groups.
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Degree preferred, plus 1-2 years of professional experience (technology focus preferred).
- Familiarity with cloud and API based technology architecture preferred.
- Experience with QA testing and/or user support.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Apple iWork Productivity suite.
This role will be based out of downtown Boston, just minutes from all major transportation hubs, including all MBTA subway and bus lines. Expect to work alongside interesting, passionate, and creative professionals, working together to create something big.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Professional development program
- Excellent health coverage options for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches
Back to top