Hospitality Service Technician
Who we are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible and invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals and professional development, and fosters community. Our team's evolution, values and culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding.
What you'll do:
The Service Technician provides genuine anticipatory service to clients and participants in all aspects of meeting and conference services. The purpose of this position is to interact with our clients and ensure they have a great experience at Convene. He/she works in partnership with the Culinary, Production and Technology teams to ensure we are exceeding the expectations of our clients. At all times, the Service Technician is expected to be attentive to our client needs and make them feel welcome, important and relaxed. Our employees carry our Core Values every day: genuine, relentless, integrity and teamwork.
- Greet all clients with enthusiasm and friendliness
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Provide world-class service in accordance with our Brand Standards
- Set up, replenish, maintain, and breakdown Food and Beverage stations
- Accommodate special client needs and last minute requests
- Develop relationships with clients
- Accurately answer client questions about culinary and our spaces in a friendly manner
- Read, understand and execute Program Execution Orders
- Follow checklists and Standard Operating Procedures
- Set up and breakdown conference rooms and refreshing rooms as needed
- Perform facility maintenance
- Maintain safe, clean, organized, and well-stocked work areas
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
- Have full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information
- Perform opening, mid-shift, and closing duties in accordance with company standards
- Perform cleaning duties including: wiping down tables and chairs, cleaning glasses, washing dishes, polishing glass and silverware, and making rollups
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Maintain professional working relationships with team
- Perform additional duties as assigned
What we look for:
- High school/GED diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of server experience
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage
- Proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven good organizational skills
- Must be highly motivated and ready to lead other team members
- Proficient in multi-tasking
- Food Hygiene or Food Handling Certificate preferred
- TIPS Certification preferred
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees
- Ability to stand, sit and walk for an extended period of time
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.; Opening in LA in 2018 and plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Supportive work environment and a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Back to top