Director of Work Place Operations (Co-Working Environment)
Convene is a workplace hospitality platform focused on transforming the way people meet and work. The company partners with the world’s largest landlords to humanize the workplace experience by offering enterprise companies and building tenants access to a shared network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, and hospitality amenities – all enabled by a mobile technology platform. With meetings and office market growing rapidly, we are constantly evolving and growing our offerings to provide a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
Our WorkPlace (co-working) service provides affordable shared office environments that promote collaboration and a sense of community. With flexible co-working emerging as the primary growth driver within the office market, there is a massive amount of venture capital being poured into this sector due to high demand and aggressive growth that shows no signs of slowing down. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles, with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
The Director of WorkPlace Operations will oversee all aspects of our flexible workplace product and services (from flexible workspaces for individual members to worksuites for Enterprise companies) across the company portfolio, in accordance with Convene standards, vision, mission, and values including our core principles. This role is heavily operations and client experience focused and is responsible for identifying and evaluating areas for growth investment across our platform and current member lifecycle. The Director will conduct a current state assessment of the member experience journey to understand gaps and challenges from an operations and hospitality standpoint. Once an evaluation has been made, coordinate and oversee trials to evaluate and prove hypotheses, and afterwards, shape roadmaps for execution. The Director of WorkPlace Operations will also promote Convene’s brand and products to align with the needs of enterprise WorkPlace strategies. This role requires 20% travel.
- Lead and facilitate current state assessment of the WorkPlace experience through heuristic review, member journey mapping, ethnographic analysis and other observational customer research from an operational, hospitality management, and client experience aspect
- Close partnership with the Director of Hospitality, Director of Operational Excellence, Strategy & Solutions Team, Enterprise Sales, and Marketing on all components within WorkPlace
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and prototype future-state member experiences that support Convene’s member growth, along with retention and referrals
- Strategize and lead actionable projects and initiatives, prioritized by growth impact and level of effort/resources
- Develop and sustain productive client relationships; actively seeking information and data to understand and address clients’ needs
- Practice inspiring, creative leadership both at the corporate level and property level
- Responsible for our Community Manager program at all properties that provide WorkPlace services
- Work in conjunction with the Property GM’s and management team members to ensure all members/sub-leasers are pleased with our WorkPlace platform
- Establish proficiency with Salesforce/Delphi, our WorkPlace web portal, and any additional tools introduced within WorkPlace
- Provide all daily, weekly, and monthly departmental reports and tools as required
- Immerse yourself in the community; create strong business ties with community leaders and develop programs for the WorkPlace to leverage these relationships
- Subject matter expert on all contract agreements, technology platforms within WorkPlace, and terms of agreement arrangements
- Ensure all procedures are followed accordingly
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration, or applicable/equivalent experience in co-working spaces
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in enterprise co-working environments on operations, customer success, and/or hospitality management focused teams/departments
- Experience in user design, user research and/or design strategy using a range of research methodologies to provide insights (preferred)
- Proven track record using product design and operational workflows to solve complex B2B problems in the hospitality industry
- Strong executive presence and communication skills, with ability to engage, advise and inspire different teams and executives
- Experience in managing teams and end-to end projects
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and ability to absorb new concepts quickly
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
Back to top