Director of Work Place Operations (Co-Working Environment)
Who we are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible and invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals and professional development, and fosters community. Our team's evolution, values and culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding.
Our WorkPlace (co-working) service provides affordable shared office environments that promote collaboration and a sense of community. With flexible co-working emerging as the primary growth driver within the office market, there is a massive amount of venture capital being poured into this sector due to high demand and aggressive growth that shows no signs of slowing down. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles, with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
What you'll do:
The Director of WorkPlace Operations will oversee all aspects of our flexible workplace product and services (from flexible workspaces for individual members to worksuites for Enterprise companies) across the company portfolio, in accordance with Convene standards, vision, mission, and values including our core principles. This role is heavily operations and client experience focused and is responsible for identifying and evaluating areas for growth investment across our platform and current member lifecycle. The Director will conduct a current state assessment of the member experience journey to understand gaps and challenges from an operations and hospitality standpoint. Once an evaluation has been made, coordinate and oversee trials to evaluate and prove hypotheses, and afterwards, shape roadmaps for execution. The Director of WorkPlace Operations will also promote Convene’s brand and products to align with the needs of enterprise WorkPlace strategies. This role requires 20% travel.
- Lead and facilitate current state assessment of the WorkPlace experience through heuristic review, member journey mapping, ethnographic analysis and other observational customer research from an operational, hospitality management, and client experience aspect
- Close partnership with the Director of Hospitality, Director of Operational Excellence, Strategy & Solutions Team, Enterprise Sales, and Marketing on all components within WorkPlace
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and prototype future-state member experiences that support Convene’s member growth, along with retention and referrals
- Strategize and lead actionable projects and initiatives, prioritized by growth impact and level of effort/resources
- Develop and sustain productive client relationships; actively seeking information and data to understand and address clients’ needs
- Practice inspiring, creative leadership both at the corporate level and property level
- Responsible for our Community Manager program at all properties that provide WorkPlace services
- Work in conjunction with the Property GM’s and management team members to ensure all members/sub-leasers are pleased with our WorkPlace platform
- Establish proficiency with Salesforce/Delphi, our WorkPlace web portal, and any additional tools introduced within WorkPlace
- Provide all daily, weekly, and monthly departmental reports and tools as required
- Immerse yourself in the community; create strong business ties with community leaders and develop programs for the WorkPlace to leverage these relationships
- Subject matter expert on all contract agreements, technology platforms within WorkPlace, and terms of agreement arrangements
- Ensure all procedures are followed accordingly
What we look for:
- Degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration, or applicable/equivalent experience in co-working spaces
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in enterprise co-working environments on operations, customer success, and/or hospitality management focused teams/departments
- Experience in user design, user research and/or design strategy using a range of research methodologies to provide insights (preferred)
- Proven track record using product design and operational workflows to solve complex B2B problems in the hospitality industry
- Strong executive presence and communication skills, with ability to engage, advise and inspire different teams and executives
- Experience in managing teams and end-to end projects
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and ability to absorb new concepts quickly
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles; Opening in Chicago in 2018 and plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Ability to walk between properties
- Some Air/Train travel required
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overheard and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Back to top