Director of Sales Operations
Director of Sales Operations
As the Director of Sales Operations, you will set and oversee the strategic direction for the sales operations team at Convene. You will have the opportunity to lead a team in optimizing Convene's sales results and will be the nexus of converting data insights into actionable sales processes.
Sales leaders will depend on the Director of Sales Operations' guidance in order to reach sales goals; the successful candidate will know best what the areas for improvement are and how to address them quickly and efficiently.
- Partner with stakeholders across Convene to set the strategic direction for the sales and customer success organizations and lead a team of Sales Ops direct reports in turning that strategy into reality
- Manage the evaluation and interpretation of sales data to identify trends and convert insights into actionable sales processes and tactics
- Define and own a clear set of policies and operating principles related to compensation and territory planning, including process, timelines, and SLAs
- Design technical solutions and identify integration opportunities with applications
- Own data maintenance, imports, exports, and updates using data loader
- Create reports and dashboards for the business
- Maintain a holistic view of all business processes and users in the system to understand cross-functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting
- Collaborate with our Sales team and help document major changes or enhancements for sales training
- Assist with the triage of support cases escalated to sales support
- Act as a leader and mentor to more junior members of the team, promoting growth, development and knowledge sharing
- 6+ years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role
- 6+ years of Salesforce experience, including project management/business analysis experience
- 2+ years salesforce administration experience
- Understanding of sales methodologies, sales funnel management
- Strategic, decisive thinker who executes quickly
- Proven proficiency in identifying, diagnosing, and resolving problems of all levels of complexity, prioritizing critical client issues and identifying department needs
- Strong leader who is a player/coach and can build, maintain and lead high-performing teams
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data, and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Committed to data quality and high standard for accuracy
- Proficiency in all things Salesforce
- You are devoted to getting it right and getting it done.
- You love change and enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and can carve out solutions using informal influence, and your art and intuition.
- You are dedicated to finding and scaling efficiencies and you get personal satisfaction when cracking a tough problem
- You're an entrepreneur and think of the word NO as next option. You see opportunity everywhere, welcome mistakes as compost for your career growth and greet adversity as something to further develop your resilience.
- You're an analytical thinker; someone who thrives in the use of data to drive decisions AND you know data is not the end all and be all.
- You will be honest and trustworthy; a respected member of the organization who leads by example, and who people enjoy working with.
Convene designs and services premium places to work, meet, and host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, and has been named one of America's 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by both Inc. and Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work®
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment and leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Back to top