Director of Product Marketing
Convene is the first workplace-as-a-service (WaaS) company with a mission to improve the way the world works through our places, products, services and hospitality experiences. We’re reshaping the largest industry in the world by partnering with the leading commercial real estate developers and landlords to “democratize” access to world-class amenities and improve the workplace experience.
Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating everyday. Convene understands that professional and personal growth can’t be isolated, and offers leadership, service, and training programs to all employees through programs such as Energy Leadership and Harvard Manage Mentor courses. Our corporate benefits also include subsidized health care, life insurance and lunches. We also provide generous paid time off and holiday policies, as well as parental leave and paid volunteer time. In addition, we’re very socially active too! We host a number of company outings, happy hours, birthday celebrations, team parties, fundraisers and charity events throughout the year.
THE ROLE - Director of Product Marketing
Come and help build Convene’s platform with our powerhouse marketing team! This is a rare opportunity to be at the pivotal point of a growth stage company where will you be able to intimately shape the company’s product vision and trajectory. You’ll be working closely with our highly seasoned executive team, who each have come from leading companies in technology, workplace design, real estate, and hospitality.
In this role, you will be responsible for shaping the go-to-market strategy for our workplace-as-a-service platform, including use case development, pricing, messaging, product assets (e.g. demos, videos, collateral), lifecycle management, and sales enablement. You will also oversee the development of Convene’s customer marketing programs, which include client and industry engagement initiatives such the launch of a Customer Advisory Program and a Partner Developer Community.
The ideal candidate is a proven product marketing leader and possesses deep knowledge and with “scale-up” customer & product marketing experience in the SaaS or CRE technology verticals. S/he takes a data-driven, agile project management approach to making decisions and incorporating varying points of view from the company’s customers, colleagues, partners, and investors. S/he will also have an endless appetite to learn and innovate in our verticals as and will be relentlessly improving the way Convene delivers a magical product experience for our current and future clients.
- Assess the market landscape, provide market analysis, identify target markets, define ideal customer profiles, buyer personas, key use cases, and conduct competitive analysis for product differentiation and positioning.
- Become an expert on CRE technology, our customers, and our competition to inform marketing and sales strategy, and product development.
- Monitor industry trends and develop deeper relationships with analysts, customers, and partners to identify unmet customer needs and market opportunities.
- Serve as the key internal liaison between Marketing, Sales, Operations, Technology, and People & Culture departments to create a structured process for roadmap input and prioritization, as well as external product communications and messaging.
- Serve as the key external liaison for Convene’s primary audiences – analysts, media, developer partners and customers.
- Educate both internal and external stakeholders on our platform’s product features and their benefits, which includes product updates and new product launches via the development of communication & enablement tools as well as product documentation.
Product Marketing Strategy & Execution
- Own the articulation of Convene’s workplace-as-a-service platform vision; develop a clear and compelling product messaging and positioning which addresses target buyer personas and their needs.
- Drive thought leadership, brand awareness, and executive awareness through the creation of original content, earned speaking opportunities, and live events. Engage with industry analysts and media to help evangelize Convene’s platform to maximize coverage and influence.
- Partner with sales leaders to develop compelling narratives and key selling points that clearly differentiate and support the selling process of our technology products. Create a product collateral suite for account segments, target buyer personas and use cases, including FAQs, objection handling docs, presentations, pricing, videos, website pages, blog posts and case studies. Assist sales on calls and support customer retention efforts (when appropriate).
- Manage the planning, execution, post-launch follow-up and measurement of all buyer- and user-facing communications, campaigns and assets for new product releases, major features and new product launches
- Help define target market segments, buyer personas and their needs, product roadmap, and pricing our platform’s key value propositions.
- Launch customer and partner programs (i.e. Customer Advisory Board, Developer Community). Communicate new product launches and releases. Develop and nurture these relationships further to procure structured feedback loops to earn references, drive case studies, coordinate customer events, and ultimately develop self-sustaining customer and partner communities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Brand Management, Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
8+ years of Product Marketing experience
- Past experience in digital marketing, content marketing, product marketing, and/or product management.
- 4-to-6 years managing teams and/or complex product lifecycles. Candidate experience should include innovation or product development/enhancement work built upon the understanding of customer experience. The ideal candidate will have worked and/or supported a growth brand that successfully established a truly differentiated experience in its respective industry.
- Experience with enterprise customer relationship management preferred
- Experience with Salesforce and Marketo preferred
- Proficiency in managing marketing programs and partnerships that accelerate platform and/or marketplace growth within an open-source technology ecosystem.
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
- Innovative messaging and presentation capabilities; create/drive visual tools to sell/explain products and services.
- Demonstrated expertise in buyer persona development - why and how they purchase, their key KPIs for success in their organization, budget authority, etc.
- Strong understanding of technology, product development, partnerships and innovation.
High degree of personal drive and able to pursue own intuition and vision
- Strong at tactical delivery with a good eye for detail
- Responsive to demands from multiple stakeholder groups and able to understand and balance customer, managerial and ownership perspectives
- Must be challenging and diplomatic; able to influence those outside own reporting structure
- Commercially astute
- Exceptional project management, organizational, writing, & presentation skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Technical Product Manager
Karen collaborates with the Convene Engineering Team to ensure the company’s online booking application meets both client and business requirements.
Back to top