Director of Demand Generation & Marketing Operations
Convene is the nation’s fastest growing network of meeting and conference spaces that combines technology, culinary, production, and human-centered design to create transformative corporate event experiences for leading enterprise companies.
We’re now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st century. Our next stage of growth is leveraging our core competencies to build our workplace-as-a-service platform, in partnership with the leading commercial real estate developers and landlords.
Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating everyday. Convene understands that professional and personal growth can’t be isolated, which is why the company’s learning and development programs are structured to support training at every level in the organization. We average 60 hours training per year per colleague through Onboarding, Coach Centric Leadership programs, Harvard Manage Mentor courses and others. Our robust benefit platforms corporate perks include some tuition reimbursement, health care, life insurance, lunches a generous paid time off and holidays policy We have a commitment to family, wellness, community outreach and fun beyond our work day.
THE ROLE – Director of Demand Generation & Marketing Operations
Come help Convene build a powerhouse marketing team at the ground level! This is a rare opportunity to be at the pivotal point of a growth stage company where will you be able to intimately shape the company’s global growth and trajectory. You’ll be working closely with and constantly learning from our highly seasoned executive team, who each have come from leading companies in technology, workplace design, real estate, and hospitality.
In this role, you will be perfecting our B-to-B marketing and sales enablement efforts by improving the scalability of our inbound and outbound marketing campaigns, by driving further automation of workflows and processes in our marketing operations, and by integrating our internal systems and processes with supporting external vendors and agencies. This is a high-profile role which directly contributes to the accelerated growth of our company.
This person will work in concert with communications, content marketing, brand marketing, and sales teams to drive our end-to-end lead generation & pipeline management programs through leveraging Salesforce.com, Marketo, and other leading marketing technologies. As a data-driven marketer, this person will continually build, measure, and iterate Convene’s multi-channel marketing campaigns, working towards best-in-class prospect conversion rates and customer engagement rates.
- Build and maintain a regular cadence of inbound and outbound campaigns, collaborating with internal team members and external freelancers to ensure seamless execution.
- Execute multichannel programs and marketing tactics including but not limited to demand generation, nurturing campaigns, industry events, webinars, affiliate marketing, referral programs, thought leadership content, advocate programs, website optimization and their associated success metrics via Marketo and Salesforce.com.
- Partner with sales leaders and sales operations to drive high-converting, revenue generating campaigns that help achieve their sales quota and our shared pipeline targets
- Oversee the strategy and evolution of Convene’s website and its associated activities to drive traffic, brand awareness, and visitor engagement (e.g. content, social, SEO, SEM, display advertising, retargeting, and A/B testing)
- Own Convene’s marketing database strategy, including contact acquisition, data hygiene, scoring, segmentation, and offer optimization. Ensure data cleanliness and accurate synchronization across Salesforce.com and Marketo platforms.
- Manage marketing technologies, data, digital agencies and service vendors. Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve & optimize performance - such as retargeting platforms, social marketing technologies, and web analytics. Own deployment administration, troubleshooting, and end-user training for these technologies. Act as the technical project manager for further marketing automation & development including: gathering requirements, design/development, testing, and configuration.
- Define and document marketing & sales automation best practices and processes – including defined SLAs and MQLs, and nurturing programs. Develop Convene messaging templates & sales enablement playbooks that help the company achieve best-in-class campaign results.
- Create executive level dashboards and reports measuring campaign effectiveness (ROI, pipeline contribution, and overall business performance) and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- Subject matter expertise in real estate, hospitality, & technology.
- Outstanding analytical and process improvement abilities.
- Experience with content marketing, events, funnel optimization, and a clear understanding of demand marketing strategies and concepts.
Character and Culture:
- Is a self aware self-starter and problem solver. Rather than focus on the 5 ways why something can't happen, the person can see the one way that it can;
- Is recognized as a 'go to person' or as a person that will inspire, garner the support and energy to get an initiative off the ground. Is a multiplier who can lead.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to both a changing internal and external environment and effectively adjusts priorities to optimize outcomes.
- Engages and influences with integrity and is able to win the hearts and minds at any level across all functions.
- High level of energy, enthusiastic team player and dedication to excellence.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Demand Generation & Marketing Operations (preferably in high-growth companies) with end-to-end content campaign execution, including conceptualizing, designing, launching and supporting online, interactive and/or multichannel campaigns.
- Demonstrated success in delivering significant increases in leads and revenue for growing sales teams
- Exceptional analytical abilities and experiences, ideally with A/B testing and experimentation, business process improvement, and business intelligence.
- Strong project management skills – the ability to own and drive project schedule from start to finish, including managing peers and individuals senior to you.
- Strong verbal and written communication, editing, presentation, and interpersonal skills in English.
- Understanding of strategy as well as demonstrated command of details to have cross-functional impact on overall marketing goals
- Ability to interact with and influence all levels of management on areas of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- This role is located in our New York City offices in Midtown.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's):
KPI's include but are not limited by the following:
- Achievement across all funnel metrics (MQLs, SQLs, Opportunities, Sales Cycle, and Revenue)
- Successful planning and execution of multi-channel, integrated offline and online marketing campaigns
- Achieving both a diversity and robustness of lead sources across existing and new channels including customers, partners, investors and employees.
- Enablement and training of junior and senior sales teams to sell more effectively by realizing investments in technologies and process improvements.
- Volume and virality of content marketing efforts, with clear attribution towards demand generation and marketing ROI
- Reviews from key executives and stakeholders
Back to top