Director of Brand Partnerships
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
Come join Convene’s powerhouse marketing team at the ground level! This is a rare opportunity to be at the pivotal point of a growth stage company where you will be able to intimately shape the company’s global growth and trajectory. You’ll be working closely with our highly seasoned executive team, who each have come from leading companies in the technology, workplace design, real estate, and hospitality industries.
Your primary responsibilities will be to design, develop and implement a multi-year brand partnership strategy across our target markets and audiences. You will be working directly with internal team leaders to source and manage national and regional partnerships, collaborating with top-tier brands across a variety of industries – from hospitality and commercial real estate companies to agency, lifestyle, media and technology brands. You will be evangelizing our overall platform offerings to the entire partner ecosystem while strategically positioning the company’s growing network in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate is an expert with deep knowledge and “scale-up” experience in the hospitality, technology and/or lifestyle categories. S/he is an enthusiastic, self-motivated and ambitious business development leader who has previously focused on company partnerships that drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, and overall people participation across digital platforms, social platforms, and live events. This person has demonstrated expertise in being able to unify the unique needs of partners with his/her own brand and revenue goals. S/he takes a data-driven approach to making decisions and incorporating varying points of view from the company’s customers, colleagues, partners, and investors. S/he will also have an endless appetite to learn and innovate in our verticals as well as others, and will be relentlessly improving the way Convene delivers brand experiences to our current and future followers.
This position is based in New York City, NY and travel to other Convene locations may be required from time to time.
- Identify, secure and maintain partnerships that enhance the brand, drive new customer acquisition, strengthen member participation, and grow our platform revenue. This includes strategic enterprise partnerships as well as regional partnerships that support our local event marketing and community programming needs.
- Create a repeatable and end-to-end partnership development process to identify target partners, negotiate contracts, coordinate logistics, deliver engaging content, live events and activations, as well as track all associated financial performance metrics – positive revenue, earned media value, attendance, and audience engagement.
- Assist with the development of a new “community-as-a-service” strategy & a strategic corporate capability that ultimately drives member acquisition, engagement, and retention of our core customer, tenant, and digital audiences by building best-in-class, tools, programming and content.
- Assist with the relationship management and project execution of marketing activities associated with the go-to-market initiatives from selected landlord relationships.
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales, marketing, legal, and PR teams to launch and on-board new partnerships and community-as-a-service initiatives.
- Proactively develop, maintain and manage an annual live events and community programming calendar up to, during and beyond each event.
- Analyze performance and impact of each partnership & brand initiative for continuous optimization and improvement of ROI.
- Internally communicate partnership plans and performance to align relevant stakeholders and teams behind the initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in business development and partnership marketing, preferably in the hospitality or flexible workspace industry (ideally in both B2B and B2C environments)
- A proven leader and self-starter who can independently lead both strategy and execution, get internal buy-in, and communicate effectively up and down
- Experienced negotiator with the ability to write executable, revenue positive partnership terms and agreements
- A high-level of proficiency in business development, with the ability to bring in new partnerships with top-tier brands, as well as leverage a strong network of existing professional or personal contacts who can provide a recurring source of revenue and referral opportunities
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding performance KPIs & goals
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player that works well with all internal cross functional teams to ensure alignment
- Exceptional communication skills, both in-person and in-writing
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills, with ability to toggle between high level, long-term strategies and ground-level, short-term tasks effortlessly
- Strong at tactical delivery with a good eye for detail
- Able to influence those outside own reporting structure
- Commercially astute
- Responsive to demands from multiple stakeholder groups and able to understand and balance consumer, managerial and ownership perspectives
- High degree of personal drive and able to pursue own intuition and vision
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Technical Product Manager
Karen collaborates with the Convene Engineering Team to ensure the company’s online booking application meets both client and business requirements.
Back to top